WildFact
Avoca Male Lions and Their Male Lineage - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Avoca Male Lions and Their Male Lineage (/topic-avoca-male-lions-and-their-male-lineage)

RE: Avoca male lions - Tr1x24 - 08-31-2022

When was he last time seen with Talamatis?

RE: Avoca male lions - Hairy tummy - 08-31-2022

Dm is a very unique lion,very interesting to follow. A shadow of his former though.i wish him well

RE: Avoca male lions - Horizon - 08-31-2022

(08-31-2022, 12:59 PM)WildLeonis Wrote: He could definitely use a meal. But I think those bite marks are from a few weeks ago. They don’t look fresh to me. In spite of everything he’s walking pretty good to me.

A few ago, one of the rangers was telling he was attacked by Hyenas. Not sure how accurate that information was.

RE: Avoca male lions - Tr1x24 - 08-31-2022

(08-31-2022, 01:21 PM)Horizon Wrote: A few ago, one of the rangers was telling he was attacked by Hyenas. Not sure how accurate that information was.

Might be, hyenas are not scared of old and weak lions, in fact most of those lions get finished by hyenas..

RE: Avoca male lions - Horizon - 08-31-2022

(08-31-2022, 05:45 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-31-2022, 01:21 PM)Horizon Wrote: A few ago, one of the rangers was telling he was attacked by Hyenas. Not sure how accurate that information was.

Might be, hyenas are not scared of old and weak lions, in fact most of those lions get finished by hyenas..

Yea, likely hyenas. If its lions, there would have been scratches at the front too. The scratches seem to be only at the back and mainly around the tail. He must have been pulled by the tail.

RE: Avoca male lions - afortich - 08-31-2022

(08-31-2022, 12:59 PM)WildLeonis Wrote: He could definitely use a meal. But I think those bite marks are from a few weeks ago. They don’t look fresh to me. In spite of everything he’s walking pretty good to me.

I agree that those bite marks are not fresh, thus, they're not recent.
DM is not even longer limping. So unfortunate, wishing him to find a good meal.

RE: Avoca male lions - Tonpa - 09-01-2022

(08-31-2022, 01:01 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote: When was he last time seen with Talamatis?

I think right when they lost that kill to PCM 5 days ago

RE: Avoca male lions - Tonpa - 09-05-2022

DM this afternoon on Simbambili, the Talamatis are on Arathusa. A bit hard to see but looks like his stomach has some food in it

RE: Avoca male lions - afortich - 09-05-2022

(09-05-2022, 12:34 AM)Tonpa Wrote: DM this afternoon on Simbambili, the Talamatis are on Arathusa. A bit hard to see but looks like his stomach has some food in it

Great to see DM. 
Does anyone know how far is Simbabili from Arathusa??

RE: Avoca male lions - Tonpa - 09-05-2022

(09-05-2022, 01:04 AM)afortich Wrote:
(09-05-2022, 12:34 AM)Tonpa Wrote: DM this afternoon on Simbambili, the Talamatis are on Arathusa. A bit hard to see but looks like his stomach has some food in it

Great to see DM. 
Does anyone know how far is Simbabili from Arathusa??

They border each other,  Talamatis should be pretty close to him.

RE: Avoca male lions - Tonpa - 09-06-2022

Mohawk face really swollen

RE: Avoca male lions - WildLeonis - 09-06-2022

(09-06-2022, 12:49 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Mohawk face really swollen

His nose does look swollen. The side of his face looks a little swollen too. What could cause that? I snake bite? Or bite in the face by another lion. He doesn’t look to be suffering at least based on the short clip. Hope he’s okay.

RE: Avoca male lions - sik94 - 09-06-2022

(09-06-2022, 12:54 AM)WildLeonis Wrote:
(09-06-2022, 12:49 AM)Tonpa Wrote: Mohawk face really swollen

His nose does look swollen. The side of his face looks a little swollen too. What could cause that? I snake bite? Or bite in the face by another lion. He doesn’t look to be suffering at least based on the short clip. Hope he’s okay.

Hopefully it isn't what killed Jr Matimba of the Orpen males.

RE: Avoca male lions - Tr1x24 - 09-06-2022

(09-06-2022, 12:54 AM)WildLeonis Wrote: His nose does look swollen. The side of his face looks a little swollen too. What could cause that? I snake bite? Or bite in the face by another lion. He doesn’t look to be suffering at least based on the short clip. Hope he’s okay.

Hard to tell, we need to wait and see how this goes, if it continues to swollow, then is a problem. 

It can be many things, snake bite or kick by some bigger pray is most likely answer.

RE: Avoca male lions - BA0701 - 09-06-2022

(09-06-2022, 02:41 AM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(09-06-2022, 12:54 AM)WildLeonis Wrote: His nose does look swollen. The side of his face looks a little swollen too. What could cause that? I snake bite? Or bite in the face by another lion. He doesn’t look to be suffering at least based on the short clip. Hope he’s okay.

Hard to tell, we need to wait and see how this goes, if it continues to swollow, then is a problem. 

It can be many things, snake bite or kick by some bigger pray is most likely answer.

If I recall correctly, I believe the necropsy on Junior said he tested positive for anthrax. I do hope it isn't that.