WildFact
N'waswitshaka males - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: N'waswitshaka males (/topic-n-waswitshaka-males)

RE: N'waswitshaka males - sik94 - 08-13-2022

Amahle is definitely the strongest and healthiest if not the biggest in frame. He definitely has that Skorro Jr. kind of vibe of top tier genetics, Amahle is probably the most impressive lion in SS after Skorro. None of N'waswitshaka males became as impressive as the old N'waswitshaka male though, he was quite impressive in terms of mane, size, and bulk.

RE: N'waswitshaka males - Tr1x24 - 08-13-2022

(08-13-2022, 09:46 AM)sik94 Wrote: Amahle is definitely the strongest and healthiest if not the biggest in frame. He definitely has that Skorro Jr. kind of vibe of top tier genetics, Amahle is probably the most impressive lion in SS after Skorro. None of N'waswitshaka males became as impressive as the old N'waswitshaka male though, he was quite impressive in terms of mane, size, and bulk.

In my opinion, the most impressive male by the looks atm is Makhunga PC male, but yea, Skorro Jr. and Amahle also look great.

RE: N'waswitshaka males - WildRev - 08-13-2022

Eorenji

RE: N'waswitshaka males - WildRev - 08-13-2022

RE: N'waswitshaka males - sik94 - 08-14-2022

(08-13-2022, 12:47 PM)Tr1x24 Wrote:
(08-13-2022, 09:46 AM)sik94 Wrote: Amahle is definitely the strongest and healthiest if not the biggest in frame. He definitely has that Skorro Jr. kind of vibe of top tier genetics, Amahle is probably the most impressive lion in SS after Skorro. None of N'waswitshaka males became as impressive as the old N'waswitshaka male though, he was quite impressive in terms of mane, size, and bulk.

In my opinion, the most impressive male by the looks atm is Makhunga PC male, but yea, Skorro Jr. and Amahle also look great.

I'd still have Skorro Jr. at the top but yeah the Makhunga PC male probably has one over Amahle.

RE: N'waswitshaka males - WildRev - 08-14-2022

Amahle

RE: N'waswitshaka males - Potato - 08-15-2022

RE: N'waswitshaka males - T I N O - 08-15-2022

One of the N'waswitshaka/Ndhzenga males
Image credit: Jason Street

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: N'waswitshaka males - WildRev - 08-16-2022

@brookers92 

RE: N'waswitshaka males - lionuk - 08-17-2022

"This morning we found two of the N'waswitshaka males at one of our waterholes and after a few minutes of being in their presence they started to roar as the sun was rising behind us"

RE: N'waswitshaka males - T I N O - 08-17-2022

(08-17-2022, 05:20 PM)lionuk Wrote: "This morning we found two of the N'waswitshaka males at one of our waterholes and after a few minutes of being in their presence they started to roar as the sun was rising behind us"

Look like there is Eorenji and Amahle. At least, the first male has some facial scars of which the male in the second image hasn't. Maybe I'm wrong (?)

RE: N'waswitshaka males - lionuk - 08-17-2022

(08-17-2022, 05:24 PM)Timbavati Wrote: Look like there is Eorenji and Amahle. At least, the first male has some facial scars of which the male in the second image hasn't. Maybe I'm wrong (?)Re
Looks like the 1st slide is Eorenji and 2nd slide is Amhale. Hopefully I got it right lol

RE: N'waswitshaka males - WildRev - 08-17-2022

Yes, Eorenji and Amahle

RE: N'waswitshaka males - WildRev - 08-17-2022

RE: N'waswitshaka males - Tonpa - 08-18-2022

THE NDHZENGA MALES = 4
2 ADULT MALES ± 7 YEARS 5 MONTHS
2 ADULT MALES ± 7 YEARS 0 MONTHS
WESTERN CHARLESTON
Dominant for the Styx and Southern Prides.
First Encountered on MalaMala September 2020
(30 sightings)
The presence of this coalition remained constant throughout July. Sightings were recorded on 30 of
the 31 days of the month. With the loss of the newest litter of Kambula cubs, we expect these males
to maintain a rigorous mating schedule as the lionesses come into oestrus again.

Noteworthy sightings:
• One male was southwest of West Street on the 2nd.
• On the 3rd and 4th, a male was alone around Flockfield Pool.
• Two males were with two females from the Kambula pride on the 7th. They were south of Princess Alice Pans.
• Only lacking one member, three males were together in Kapen Open Area on the 11th. The three were together again on the 13th north of Hyena Waterhole, this time with a lioness from the Kambula pride.
• A male mated with a lioness from the Kambula pride east of Princess Alice Pans on the 15th.
• On the 22nd, three males were with nine lionesses from the Kambula Pride around Charleston North Crossing.
• Two males kept the company of two older and two younger lionesses in Jackalsdraai Open Area on the 23rd.
• On the 24th, the male with the abdominal protrusion mated with a Kambula lioness around the Five-Star junction.
• On the 26th, a male was with a lioness from the Kambula pride east of Plank’s Pan. On the same day, two more males were with six Kambula lionesses in Matshapiri Open Area.
• On the closing day of the month, one male was with three lionesses opposite Rattray’s Camp. On the same day, two more males were with three Kambula lionesses opposite Maxim’s Lookout. Mating activity was recorded.