WildFact
Nkuhuma Pride - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Nkuhuma Pride (/topic-nkuhuma-pride)

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Tonpa - 11-14-2022

(11-14-2022, 11:03 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: So besides this (I’ve been worried for a few weeks myself too, I wanted to ask, if you have seen all 5 Nkuhuma boys present together?  

I have been a bit concerned that one of the boys hasn’t been seen in the recent sightings.   Even in the video I posted that said 8 lions I could never see lore than 7 together.   Please let me know if there is recent evidence all 5 are ok.   Thanks

No photographic evidence, but Elephant plains reported 5 males on the 10th of November 

"Nkuhuma pride of lions consisting of 5 subadult males and 3 females attempting to hunt a buffalo at big dam."

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - criollo2mil - 11-14-2022

(11-14-2022, 11:13 PM)Tonpa Wrote:
(11-14-2022, 11:03 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: So besides this (I’ve been worried for a few weeks myself too, I wanted to ask, if you have seen all 5 Nkuhuma boys present together?  

I have been a bit concerned that one of the boys hasn’t been seen in the recent sightings.   Even in the video I posted that said 8 lions I could never see lore than 7 together.   Please let me know if there is recent evidence all 5 are ok.   Thanks

No photographic evidence, but Elephant plains reported 5 males on the 10th of November 

"Nkuhuma pride of lions consisting of 5 subadult males and 3 females attempting to hunt a buffalo at big dam."
That’s at least positive.   Thanks.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - criollo2mil - 11-15-2022

Nkuhuma Sub Group

Credit : Deon Kelbrick

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Tonpa - 11-15-2022

"Nkuhuma subadualts lions having a lazy morning and Avoca dark mane 50m apart from each other shirley's property"

Was mentioned on drive this morning by Ale the wildearth guide, she spoke to Deon at chitwa and he mentioned two of the Nkuhuma boys got sick of DM and had a tussle with him, he reported dark mane was on his back submitting,

I guess that'll be his MO from now on, he'll shadow them while showing submission and as soon as they make a kill he'll pop up beside them, "We did it guys".

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Tr1x24 - 11-15-2022

(11-15-2022, 07:44 PM)Tonpa Wrote: I guess that'll be his MO from now on, he'll shadow them while showing submission and as soon as they make a kill he'll pop up beside them, "We did it guys".

Well, he is doing similar with Talamatis, but Talamatis know him and have bond with him so they are tolerating him.

(11-15-2022, 07:44 PM)Tonpa Wrote: "Nkuhuma subadualts lions having a lazy morning and Avoca dark mane 50m apart from each other shirley's property"

Was mentioned on drive this morning by Ale the wildearth guide, she spoke to Deon at chitwa and he mentioned two of the Nkuhuma boys got sick of DM and had a tussle with him, he reported dark mane was on his back submitting,

I guess that'll be his MO from now on, he'll shadow them while showing submission and as soon as they make a kill he'll pop up beside them, "We did it guys".

I know I keep worrying over the subs....I keep asking around and they all keep telling me only 4 boys are present (I asked about the last report saying 5 and was told that one of the males might have been Mohawk).   I think this is something to monitor....I hope im only being paranoid.

regarding DM, yes....hes basically now going to be living out his remaining period like this.   not strong enough to become dominant or to fend alone,,,,but willful enough to force himself onto these groups.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Tonpa - 11-15-2022

(11-15-2022, 08:30 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 07:44 PM)Tonpa Wrote: "Nkuhuma subadualts lions having a lazy morning and Avoca dark mane 50m apart from each other shirley's property"

I know I keep worrying over the subs....I keep asking around and they all keep telling me only 4 boys are present (I asked about the last report saying 5 and was told that one of the males might have been Mohawk).   I think this is something to monitor....I hope im only being paranoid.

regarding DM, yes....hes basically now going to be living out his remaining period like this.   not strong enough to become dominant or to fend alone,,,,but willful enough to force himself onto these groups.

When was the last 5 male sighting, was that before wonky joined them on the kill?

(11-15-2022, 08:32 PM)Tonpa Wrote:
(11-15-2022, 08:30 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:

When was the last 5 male sighting, was that before wonky joined them on the kill?

i dont have good pics of all of them at his sightings.  i cant tell how many were with him

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - afortich - 11-15-2022

I bet that DM is going to do what you just said my friend. 
Then, while eating DM will put aside his submissive personality to become more aggressive until the carcass is consumed Lol .

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Tr1x24 - 11-16-2022

Nkuhuma subs with injured DM, 1 sub male is indeed missing, lets hope he is with Nkuhuma cubs group :

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - afortich - 11-17-2022

DM post buffalo attacked.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Tonpa - 11-22-2022

4 adult lionesses, two young females, four young males and six cubs. One young male and one cub not present.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Tonpa - 11-23-2022

Forgot to post this one, the oldest male of the previous litters compared to the youngest male of the previous litters 

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Tonpa - 11-24-2022

Nkuhuma M #1 by Mike Cowden
Born May 2019

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - DARK MANE - 11-24-2022

(11-24-2022, 03:58 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Nkuhuma M #1 by Mike Cowden
Born May 2019

Ohhhhhh my God.
That's fantastic.
That's the first time I am seeing young males are named individually ( no individual names were given to gijima).

So how u are deciding this is N1.
Because he is oldest/most developed among 5??