There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.33 Average
Zoos, Circuses, Safaris: A Gallery of Captivity

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

carpathian lynx

Attached Files Image(s)

4 users Like Amnon242's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

zoo...cool photo

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like Amnon242's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

amur...

Attached Files Image(s)

3 users Like Amnon242's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

Simon is 10yo barbary

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

Simon again

Attached Files Image(s)

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Amur leopard is gorgeous
2 users Like Pckts's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

this is probably Magulis (amur male)

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

This amur was 196 kg when weighted...I dont know what was his age at the time of weighing, but he was certainly less than 7 years. At this photo he looks quite robust, but when I saw him he seemed like lean animal to me. In next cage there was different male amur, 17yo...and this one was much...much bigger. I dont know his weight but he must have been over 250 kg.

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like Amnon242's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

babrbary lions

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like Amnon242's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

RIP Leo
Another fun Leo memory that I just found... Our sweet boy sure did love his toys! And I'm pretty sure he may have stolen a couple of his brothers' toys in this clip too!
Rest in peace sweet Leo ❤️
(July 2001-August 2016)

https://www.facebook.com/BearLionTiger/v...949273211/

Leo stopped eating, they did an investigative surgery and found numerous tumors on his liver.
Sad day for the BLT
4 users Like Pckts's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 08-17-2016, 02:51 AM by Amnon242 )

I think this is sumatran female from zoo Prague, but Im not sure...btw Im going to zoo Prague tomorrow so I hope I take some good photos...btw they have sumatran, malayan and amur tigers. They have also asiatic lions, amur and javan leopards. Quite impressive collection of big cats...(of course they have also cheetahs, clouded leopards and various other smaller cats)

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 08-18-2016, 11:09 PM by Amnon242 )

Zoo Prague. Asiatic lion Jamwan (4yo), malayan tigers Johann and Kavi. Im not sure about the age of tigers, but I think that Johann is 4-5yo and Kavi 10-11yo. I dont know the weight of Jamwan, but his predecessor, asiatic lion Paris was 178 kg (weighted when 6-8yo) and Paris was definitely bigger...in fact Paris was one of the most impressive lions I have ever seen. My estimate of Jamwan is 160kg. The tigers can be 140-150 kg...Johann is robust, while Kavi is lean and elegant (btw tiger #381 is Kavi...and not amur tiger Mauglis). Jamwan has more robust body, tigers have more muscular legs and they are longer (especially Kavi...in fact Johann is as long as Jamwan...my estimate).

Attached Files Image(s)

2 users Like Amnon242's post

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

Jamwan

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

They are bigger lions than Jamwan, but Jamwan is by no means small. He is still impressive animal. I have seen bigger lions, but also smaller. BTW Jamwan is 100% asiatic lion from Gudjarat. His predecessor Paris was not pure asiatic...

Attached Files Image(s)

Israel Amnon242 Offline
Tiger Enthusiast

Johann

Attached Files Image(s)