There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tigers of Central India

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Pawan Jaiswal Pench

wonderful sighting tigerss

Turiya gate

*This image is copyright of its original author

Rituraj Jaiswal
The looks Bheema kanha mukki

Pawan Jaiswal Pench

Handsome male tiger

Kurasapar gate

Raiyakassi Male

Hemant Masurkar
Tadoba..

Alex Felez Buchholz
Tiger in Pench NP | India 2016
1Dx II + EF 400 f.2,8L IS II + 1.4x III
560mm | 1/800 | f4 | Iso 250

Gabbar

1 user Likes Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Big Tiger SEEN in Uttarakhand... could it be Jai?

http://www.amarujala.com/photo-gallery/d...and-forest

It doesn't quite look like him to me, but its hard to tell.
5 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Mrityunjay Kanwar

The Giant Boy.
Bheema.

Rituraj Jaiswal
Bheema 26 10 16

3 users Like Pckts's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

@Pckts I posted that big tiger in thread http://wildfact.com/forum/topic-huge-tig...ttarakhand , reported by @anand3690 few days ago
I do not think it is jai, uttrakhand and Umred Karhandla are separated by more than 1000 kms
See map

5 users Like sanjay's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Pradeep Singh
I #Me #& #Myself #Bheema ...
Kanha National Park, October 2016.. ????
— at Birders Inn Bharatpur Rajestan India.

Mrityunjay Kanwar
From todays show.
Chota Munna.
Kanha.

He's already wearing his canine down quite a bit at such a young age.
4 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Kingfisher has been killed in a territorial fight!!! Who could of killed that monster?

RIP big fella, you will be missed. It was bound to happen, mukki is too packed.

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

(10-28-2016, 09:13 PM)Pckts Wrote: Kingfisher has been killed in a territorial fight!!! Who could of killed that monster?

RIP big fella, you will be missed. It was bound to happen, mukki is too packed.

I was just reading that news, and I am just as surprised as you.

I will still wait more info and hopefully pics to know who's the dead tiger, mostly because it was also said that Umarpani could have been the one killed.

But anyway, great news and quite interesting it happened now.
4 users Like Tshokwane's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Initially they thought it was uma but that was reported too soon.  It looks like it's for sure kf, uma still hasn't been seen though.
I'd hate to speculate but I think it was bheema who did it. He's been under quite a bit of pressure and I think it just boiled over.
That is pure speculation though and nothing more

tigerluver Offline
Prehistoric Feline Expert
Moderators

I've always wondered about the details of such mortalities. Do males seek out the kill, or is it subsequent death from injuries?
4 users Like tigerluver's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-28-2016, 10:02 PM by Pckts )

(10-28-2016, 09:47 PM)tigerluver Wrote: I've always wondered about the details of such mortalities. Do males seek out the kill, or is it subsequent death from injuries?

I don't think they discriminate, but who knows for sure, it's interesting to think about. Sometimes fights seem less severe but maybe those are "feelers" but with two cats ready to fight seriously, anything can happen when you're armed like they are.

Shardul Offline

Sad news, but it was bound to happen sooner or later considering the number of mature males in Mukki.
4 users Like Shardul's post

Shardul Offline

(10-28-2016, 09:47 PM)tigerluver Wrote: I've always wondered about the details of such mortalities. Do males seek out the kill, or is it subsequent death from injuries?

I think its a bit of both. It depends on whether one individual is much more dominant in a fight or whether there is parity between the fighting males.
4 users Like Shardul's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

I still cant believe it, Rip Kingisher. according to my friends. it's not the work of Chota Munna or Bheema and currently it all points to Umarpani, whoever the tiger is. kanha forest department is alert and hopefully he gets treated. its high time Kanha rethinks their strategy and move out these tigers to some of the less crowded parks. not sure if this natural death even feels natural anymore with all the background info on the lives of tigers around Mukki. rip
4 users Like Roflcopters's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 10-29-2016, 01:14 AM by Pckts )

(10-29-2016, 12:54 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: I still cant believe it, Rip Kingisher. according to my friends. it's not the work of Chota Munna or Bheema and currently it all points to Umarpani, whoever the tiger is. kanha forest department is alert and hopefully he gets treated. its high time Kanha rethinks their strategy and move out these tigers to some of the less crowded parks. not sure if this natural death even feels natural anymore with all the background info on the lives of tigers around Mukki. rip

I'd actually be alright if it was uma, at least that means he's still around but no body has seen him yet.

Bigcat Enthusiast

Vijayarajan Muthu

News alert (31st Oct 2016), Umarpani Male is alive :
Dear T-O-K members, we have received confirmed reports from the Forest Department of KTR that Umarpani Male is alive & doing just fine.
He has been sighted by patrolling teams & also camera trapped regularly within tourism areas too. The fact that a few parts of the tourism areas remained closed led to no sightings of him this season. We can now look forward to him making an appearance sooner rather than later. Interestingly, we've also been given to understand that he isn't carrying any injuries on him.
We sincerely thank the Forest Department of KTR for sharing such wonderful news on the occasion of Deepawali !!!

Shashikant Sayare

Kanha is one of the most beautyful picturesque National Park in our country. This forest provides planty of apportunities to photographers. Few years ago Tiger was granted seen in Kanha meadow or on tiger show elephant back but right now tiger sighting are not very common and this makes it diffrience to look good Scenery and other specieas to try his luck with the tiger. And i am the lucky person spoted this beauty and that time given me a apportunitie to take Below Eye level shot. This is one of my most memorable Tiger sightimgs.

— with Saahil Sayare and 4 others at Kanha Tiger Reserve.

Ameya Gokarn

A heavily pregnant Link 8 female - Kanha Meadows, 27th oct 2016.

After the shocking news of the death of two tigers in kanha within the space of a week, finally some news to smile about.

Vijayarajan Muthu Great news Ameya !!! However, kindly note, this is the Link-8 Female & not Neelam please. Attaching pics for ready reference. The inverted Mitsubishi logo kind of marking on Link-8 female's right hind leg is unmistakable.

Hemant Kanholkar

Varad Sahasrabudhe
Found this old pic.It was taken on Christmas day,2012 in the Kanha meadows.Can anyone ID this female?Is it the Umarpani female?

Umarpani Female ^^
5 users Like Pckts's post