There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tiger Directory

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 05-17-2017, 11:51 AM by Rishi )

Recent image of T-42, Fateh of Ranthambore...

*This image is copyright of its original author
3 users Like Rishi's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Dead body of blue eyed male

6 users Like Apollo's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-15-2017, 07:19 PM by Apollo )

We were on an all day game drive at Ranthambhore and the day started with T-39's 3 cubs playing at a distance, then came the storm when T-39 spotted T-60 close to where the cubs were and all hell broke loose. T-39 sprinted towards T-60 and there began a battle between the two Tigresses, roaring away and punching each other out in the open, the fight went on for about couple of hours until T-39 won the battle and literally pushing T-60 out of her own territory and occupying one of T-60's waterhole.

The rest of the day was spent with T-39 calling out for her cubs all day until she reunited with them at 5pm, post that we also found T-60 and 3 of her almost fully grown cubs cooling off at a waterhole which was like a studio set up!!!

Here is a video I made on my phone as these two warriors were too close to my vehicle for comfort!!!

3 users Like Apollo's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Tiger chasing jeep in Corbett

4 users Like Apollo's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Radiocollaring tiger in Panna

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Tiger T-91 Injured by Porcupine Spines in Ranthambore

On Wednesday, June 7, 2017 a male tiger T91 a.k.a Mirza appeared at roughly six o’clock at Kachcha Chaata area of the Ranthambore National Park. There were seven thorns’ quills on his body. He was injured by four spines near neck and three spines were in chest.

The injured tiger was tranquilize by the team of the forest department and he was operated . This operation lasted about half an hour. Seven quills in the tiger’s neck and chest were successfully removed by Dr. Rajeev Garg and his team. Dr. Garg told that after 15 minutes of treatment, the tiger came to senses. As per the Dr. Garg If the tiger was not treated on time then his life could have been risked.

Tiger T-91 is the fourth litter of theT-30 a.k.a Husn-Ara, This tigress lives in most non-tourism areas. The territory of the Tigress T30 is Aam Choki nearby Gilaisagar in Khandar It is believed that father of this male tiger is T-3. She was dead on 21 January 2016. After her death both cubs male and female made their own territory and got Id Number, male Tiger know as T91 and female got T90.

A few month ago ( 28 June 2016) this Male Tiger came out from the Aam choki to Rajbagh area and sharing his territory with Tigress Arrowhead a.k.a T84 , at present tigress Arrowhead is queen of the lake area at zone number 3 of the Ranthambore National Park. A few days ago both were seen there to have mating near the Malik Lake.
3 users Like Apollo's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 07-05-2017, 06:38 PM by Apollo )

Can anyone ID this large male from Bandipur.
He seems to have occupied Late Raja's territory I guess.
Looks to be a very massive cat.

@Roflcopters , @Rage2277  can you guys ID him.

7 users Like Apollo's post

Russian Federation Diamir2 Offline

3 users Like Diamir2's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

(07-05-2017, 03:25 AM)Apollo Wrote: Can anyone ID this large male from Bandipur.

Powerful beautiful Tiger
3 users Like epaiva's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

(06-17-2017, 10:50 PM)Apollo Wrote: Radiocollaring tiger in Panna

It is one of my dreams to be in that place so  close to such a powerful Tiger, do you know its measurements? @Apollo
2 users Like epaiva's post

Roflcopters Offline
Modern Tiger Expert

(07-05-2017, 03:25 AM)Apollo Wrote: Can anyone ID this large male from Bandipur.

Madhesh aka Gowri Shankar aka Basavana Katte the son of Raja and easily the most dominant male of the tourism zone.
3 users Like Roflcopters's post

United Kingdom Sully Offline
Ecology & Rewilding

You can really see Raja in him. With all this Umarpani talk I think we are neglecting a real gem in Basavanakatte honestly. Only seen a bit of him before but is an impressive animal for sure.
2 users Like Sully's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

(07-09-2017, 02:44 AM)epaiva Wrote:

It is one of my dreams to be in that place so  close to such a powerful Tiger, do you know its measurements? @Apollo

The male tiger in the video is T3, he weighed in 240kg.
I guess he was 10 years old.
2 users Like Apollo's post

Venezuela epaiva Offline
Moderators

(07-09-2017, 05:20 AM)Apollo Wrote:
(07-09-2017, 02:44 AM)epaiva Wrote:

The male tiger in the video is T3, he weighed in 240kg.
I guess he was 10 years old.
@Apollo Thanks a lot
3 users Like epaiva's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Here is another male tiger radiocollared in Panna.
Can anyone Id this male, its weight and age.
@Kingtheropod , @GuateGojira , @Roflcopters