There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

Poll: Do other members agree?
Yes
No
Let the Admins decide
[Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Proposing linency of banning rules

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 05-14-2017, 01:34 PM by Rishi )

@Garfield 
I once thought I'm gonna get kicked out, because i was disrespectful to a dumbo called Haymaker..a guy who used to come here just to troll.
& you're spreading insecurity studded political agenda here??!!!  

YES you know a lot less than most of us, 
Doing bit of research doesn't make you an expert...You dont know what a buffer is... don't know what's going on in the conservation or the scientific world...You are not interested in knowing about the nature or wildlife, just which animal can kick whose ass...Your only contribution to Wildfact is posts like "Wow man that lion looks strong".........Shall i continue??

Maybe you have watched  a few videos of captive animals, so..?? I've watched hundreds & i still don't know as much as many veteran members of the forum!!!

@sanjay people need not be banned as long as spam posts are deleted...just the serial spammers & abusive guys (there are no rules that i know of, against posts on gounds of being disrespectful).
I came across few of @Pckts (& few other)'s old posts in AvA, they sounded pretty fanboyish...look at them now!!!

Please, do consider it as a request from a member who intends to stay in Wildfact for quite a while...
4 users Like Rishi's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
( This post was last modified: 05-14-2017, 01:59 PM by sanjay )

We as moderator need to keep the forum very clean for those who wants to join a animal forum but avoid due to fanaticism. I agree some of them do not understand this but they have great potential of becoming a good member with time.
But its real hard job, becasue if we fail to stop the fanaticism chaos, the forum will turn into garbage just like other. @peter , @tigerluver  and @Apollo  are very strict regarding banning, they want immediate ban, Its me who give some chance.
Problem with new join are most of them are quite young and they join the forum to discuss Animal vs Animal topic, they see lot of videos and read other forum. What they fail to understand is that WildFact wants to put the discussion in fair way and in mature may. But if we warn and try to stop these newly join members they take it personal and become abusive. Since they are young and don't know how to behave, speak and act in an organization they take it emotionally.
4 users Like sanjay's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 05-14-2017, 10:16 PM by Rishi )

(05-14-2017, 01:57 PM)sanjay Wrote: We as moderator need to keep the forum very clean for those who wants to join a animal forum but avoid due to fanaticism. I agree some of them do not understand this but they have great potential of becoming a good member with time.
But its real hard job, becasue if we fail to stop the fanaticism chaos, the forum will turn into garbage just like other. @peter , @tigerluver  and @Apollo  are very strict regarding banning, they want immediate ban, Its me who give some chance.
Problem with new join are most of them are quite young and they join the forum to discuss Animal vs Animal topic, they see lot of videos and read other forum. What they fail to understand is that WildFact wants to put the discussion in fair way and in mature may. But if we warn and try to stop these newly join members they take it personal and become abusive. Since they are young and don't know how to behave, speak and act in an organization they take it emotionally.

I turned 22 this April...How much younger can they be??!!!  shocked

Garfield took your warning as threat to ban him & started accusing Wildfact of discrimination, that made me think of starting this thread in the 1st place. 
I AGREE THAT FANATIC POSTS SHOULD IMMEDIATELY BE DELETED ON DETECTION OR REPORT...JUST NOT THE FAN.
Anyway, thank you for the clarification.
Actually..After i voted against starting of the Comparison thread, to my surprise, it turned out pretty well.

You think there could be an L&T (not my-daddy-strongest type, more of analysis-w.r.t-comparable-others type) under the Mature Section to satiate the thirst of aforementioned newbies??...& maybe let it serve its purpose by hastening their maturation process a bit.
2 users Like Rishi's post

India brotherbear Offline
Grizzly Enthusiast

It makes sense that many teens will discover Wildfacts and perhaps a few pre-teens. Most of them, other than while in school, will spend more hours on a computer than older posters. However, we might have to rub their noses into the rules a few times to get their attention. Like most older posters here, I believe, my Dad was extremely strict with obeying rules. I believe on the first offense, point him to the rules. Second offense, a dire warning. Third offense, ban for a lengthy period of time. Any offense after that; a permanent ban. - In my opinion, this is playing soft enough.
5 users Like brotherbear's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 05-14-2017, 05:24 PM by Rishi )

(05-14-2017, 03:15 PM)brotherbear Wrote: It makes sense that many teens will discover Wildfacts and perhaps a few pre-teens. Most of them, other than while in school, will spend more hours on a computer than older posters. However, we might have to rub their noses into the rules a few times to get their attention. Like most older posters here, I believe, my Dad was extremely strict with obeying rules. I believe on the first offense, point him to the rules. Second offense, a dire warning. Third offense, ban for a lengthy period of time. Any offense after that; a permanent ban. - In my opinion, this is playing soft enough.

That's the exact reason for this thread of mine..I know you people have been running Wildfact efficiently for long & know what you're doing.

But, take myself for an example, i like to think myself to be a decently mature poster...NOW. 
I wasn't at 19 when i 1st came across Wildfact.

Fortunately i was so impressed that i decided to just follow it & read the words of people who knew what they were talking about. I didn't create my profile until January'17.

Had i made a profile back then & started blabbering (was pretty opinionated & rigid back then) I'm DAMN SURE I'D HAVE GOT MYSELF PERMANENTLY BANNED FROM WILDFACT.

I got lucky, but not every yongster might...So my suggestion is to keep deleting spamming posts until they get the hint & see what kind of posts are being entertained.
The hopelessly boneheaded one's still trolling relentlessly can be gotten rid of.........   Sad
3 users Like Rishi's post

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 05-15-2017, 05:15 PM by peter )

There's a difference between young people overplaying their hand and professional crappers, Rishi.  

Professional crappers ignore rules and don't do exceptions. It's a way of life. As it has consequences, the best solution is to cut it short right away. If I had been here when he joined, Garfield would have been banned before the first round had started.

Interacting starts with a few rules. Without them, we will enter the world described in 'Heart of Darkness' (Joseph Conrad). Read it when you can.

After the terrible destruction seen in the forties of the last century, humans once more decided for less rules. This also means that upholding the remaining rules will no longer have priority. Over here, the policy is somewhat different in that we want quality all the way. Quality is accepting a few rules of conduct, good information and being able to exchange ideas. Anyone not able to deliver in these departments has a problem.
6 users Like peter's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 05-15-2017, 09:20 PM by Rishi )

@sanjay @brotherbear & especially @peter Thank you for the illumination.
Although the thread has outlived its purpose, i feel that this one should stay & am not deleting it...

Anyway, do give this one a thought...... 
(05-14-2017, 02:30 PM)Rishi Wrote: Actually..After i voted against starting of the Comparison thread, to my surprise, it turned out pretty well.

You think there could be an Lion-Tiger (not my-daddy-strongest type, more of analysis-w.r.t-comparable-others type) under the Mature Section to satiate the thirst of aforementioned newbies??...& maybe let it serve its purpose by hastening their maturation process a bit.

IMO not-talking -about-it wouldn't make Wildfact better....doing it in a scientific & analytical manner, bypassing the romanticism, WILL.

(Everybody gets ONLY ONE post to voice his/her view..That should deter arguments from breaking out!!!Happy
@Apollo @Rolfcopter @GrizzlyClaws @Pckts @Ngala
Think about it...
2 users Like Rishi's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

@Rishi
Mature section has restriction, only allowed member can make post and it was made to discuss such issues. Including Lion and tiger comparison, But using versus term means people will go for fights. 
The current thread in mature section has been made as general, but if it grows with data, we will further divide them. We also want thread like

Lion and Tiger, Tiger and bear, Polar bear and Brown bear.... But we do not have enough mature member (and knowledgeable) to produce great content.
4 users Like sanjay's post

India brotherbear Offline
Grizzly Enthusiast

(05-15-2017, 09:21 PM)sanjay Wrote: @Rishi
Mature section has restriction, only allowed member can make post and it was made to discuss such issues. Including Lion and tiger comparison, But using versus term means people will go for fights. 
The current thread in mature section has been made as general, but if it grows with data, we will further divide them. We also want thread like

Lion and Tiger, Tiger and bear, Polar bear and Brown bear.... But we do not have enough mature member (and knowledgeable) to produce great content.

I believe that you should be capable of such topics without the fear of "hurting someone's feelings" which ( complaining ) has become a lifestyle among some groups here in the U.S.A. Just begin with a list of those you consider qualified posters. I would include: Peter, Tigerluver, GrizzlyClaws, Kingtheropod, Apollo, and others of your choosing. I would not expect to be chosen and those who are obviously unqualified that cry about it can just cry in their milk. 
Such topics make interesting reading.
3 users Like brotherbear's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

I think mods are already qualified.
We need this discussion from new beginning, not the same repeated crap from all over the internet. Thats the reason many of member are not able to produce quality content. Believe me its not easy, I want to give it a try but our qualified members haven't made any post so far.
3 users Like sanjay's post

United Kingdom Sully Offline
Ecology & Rewilding

Tackling abrasiveness in an abrasive manor with just create more...abrasiveness. I am a young member, still in my teenage years, if when I first came onto wildfact (two years ago) rules and regulations were implemented by the sword and any mistake or boisterousness impeded, I would have definitely been deterred from continuing onwards on this site. The calm and nourishing nature for new members cultures them to this forums way of communication and so hot headed and excited young posters in the end even out to a happy medium. If after a few monhs they do not, we will know who the bad eggs are.
3 users Like Sully's post