There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Umarpani male the king of Mukki. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

3 users Like Pantherinae's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

You're on a Umarpani kick right now @Pantherinae 
I like it.
Here's a couple more for you

Pradeep Singh

Tiger today at mukki ...
??

3 users Like Pckts's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-21-2017, 10:02 PM by Pantherinae )

@Pckts haha yes I just fell flat for that guy! I have even started planning a 14 days trip down to Kanha to try spot him, next year! I talked to some one who said male lions would look like kittens compared to him (he had seen both).. So this guy sure is a big guy! Thanks for sharing btw!
2 users Like Pantherinae's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-19-2017, 11:00 PM by Pckts )

(03-21-2017, 09:59 PM)Pantherinae Wrote: @Pckts haha yes I just fell flat for that guy! I have even started planning a 14 days trip down to Kanha to try spot him, next year! I talked to some one who said male lions would look like kittens compared to him (he had seen both).. So this guy sure is a big guy! Thanks for sharing btw!

I've definitely heard he and other Kanha males are huge, one of the main reasons I had to go to Kanha next month. I booked before the violent eruption and was sad to see the loss of Bheema and Kf, two more huge males, I feared my chances of seeing a big male in kanha decreased significantly after that. But I've been glad to see Munna, and Khari ghatti male along with bheemas brother, Bajrang, Uma and Link 7. But Link 7 and Uma are now in conflict with Link 7 suffering a good gashing at the hands of the latter, but he seems to have healed but I read that they are still going at it which has caused the females to leave, so Mukki still seems to be in state of unrest.
That's why I tried to fit in as many reserves as possible (Tadoba, Pench and Kanha) in my short 10 day trip, I wanted to try and see any and all tigers as I can, but I really feel good about Pench, but you never know till you're there.
2 users Like Pckts's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

IMHO I would say both Kingfisher and Bheema are bigger tigers than Umarpani.

Here is the video of Kingfisher vs Umarpani. Kingfisher is bigger.

Kingfisher back Umarpani front

Kingfisher front Umarpani back.

Here is the video of Bheema vs Umarpani. Umarpani comes first and then comes Bheema following him. Bheema is bigger.

https://facebook.com/groups/157121902316...08362&_rdr
2 users Like Apollo's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-21-2017, 11:39 PM by Pckts )

It's all about angles, when they both are facing eachother, Uma male looks like the more muscular and larger tiger with the bigger head.
If you watch the beginning of the video, Uma Male is in closer to the camera, he looks like the larger tiger to me.

Then when the rear up, Uma looks taller or as tall as KF

I hate to agree with Min, but KF was a big belly tiger, he's got a lower hanging gut while uma is a more muscular tiger. All were huge cats, that's obvious, trying to say one is larger than the other without putting them on a scale is impossible, we can only speculate. 
And I thought in the Bheema/Uma video, Uma looked larger as well, both come in at different distances so again, it's hard to tell. (btw the video doesn't work for me)

On a side note, these are just opinions, so lets not get too caught up defending them either way.

Cool shot of KF after the fight,
Naren Malik
Kingfisher male with a nasty injury, he was in a fight with umarpani male. But Kudos to forest department they gave him medical assistance immediately and a few days later wound appeared entirely healed!

this was as it got worse.

2 users Like Pckts's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-22-2017, 12:15 AM by Pantherinae )

I can't see the Uma v Bheema video, but several people have told me that Uma was bigger than Bheema, and I agree with @Pckts  Uma seems a "better" buildt tiger, they are really close in size and some says Uma and others say KF was the biggest. Maybe in weight KF was just as heavy maybe even heavier, but Uma imo is a much more impressive specimen, more solid while kingfisher is a fatter tiger, I think he was a serious cattle killer (if I remember correctly), so he probably was quite a lazy boy, but both are/ where magnificent and huge tigers.. So no point in arguing about their size we sadly will never know who weighed the most... But after hearing the weight of the smaller/ equal sized Bheema at the age of 2,5 years was 220 kg, we can only speculate how big their weight might be 260kg?, 280kg?, 300kg? Or maybe even more who knows...sad!

Any chance people have a place where I can see the Video of Bheema and Uma?

Poland st147zar Offline

(03-21-2017, 11:15 PM)Pckts Wrote: It's all about angles, when they both are facing eachother, Uma male looks like the more muscular and larger tiger with the bigger head.
If you watch the beginning of the video, Uma Male is in closer to the camera, he looks like the larger tiger to me.

I hate to agree with Min, but KF was a big belly tiger, he's got a lower hanging gut while uma is a more muscular tiger. All were huge cats, that's obvious, trying to say one is larger than the other without putting them on a scale is impossible, we can only speculate. 
And I thought in the Bheema/Uma video, Uma looked larger as well, both come in at different distances so again, it's hard to tell. (btw the video doesn't work for me)

On a side note, these are just opinions, so lets not get too caught up defending them either way.

Naren Malik
Kingfisher male with a nasty injury, he was in a fight with umarpani male. But Kudos to forest department they gave him medical assistance immediately and a few days later wound appeared entirely healed!

Fanatic child i feel sad for you. Kingfisher was bigger FOR SURE, smaller head? rly? omfg.
2 users Like st147zar's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-22-2017, 05:40 AM by Pckts )

(03-22-2017, 12:06 AM)Pantherinae Wrote: I can't see the Uma v Bheema video, but several people have told me that Uma was bigger than Bheema, and I agree with @Pckts  Uma seems a "better" buildt tiger, they are really close in size and some says Uma and others say KF was the biggest. Maybe in weight KF was just as heavy maybe even heavier, but Uma imo is a much more impressive specimen, more solid while kingfisher is a fatter tiger, I think he was a serious cattle killer (if I remember correctly), so he probably was quite a lazy boy, but both are/ where magnificent and huge tigers.. So no point in arguing about their size we sadly will never know who weighed the most... But after hearing the weight of the smaller/ equal sized Bheema at the age of 2,5 years was 220 kg, we can only speculate how big their weight might be 260kg?, 280kg?, 300kg? Or maybe even more who knows...sad!

I lost track of the video unfortunately, I'm sure it will pop up again.
They must have weighed KF when he was treated for his nose injury, I wish we could get info on that.
I'd guess all are in the 230-272kg category, I'd also throw Kharai Ghati male and Prime Munna in that category as well but I heard that Kharai Ghati is thick but not as tall/long as the others mentioned. Even Link 7 looks bigger and bigger every time I see him.

@st147zar
Why don't you have a discussion like an adult, instead of calling me a "child" or "fanatic"
Considering the points I made and the images are with in the same vein. I guess you're calling any other eye witnesses who've seen both and agree, fanatic children as well?

http://naturesafariindia.com/blog/bigges...ral-india/

I'm not saying he's the bible but a guy with 28 years experience has a bit more credit, right?

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(03-21-2017, 10:43 PM)PPckts Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 09:59 PM)Pantherinae Wrote: @Pckts haha yes I just fell flat for that guy! I have even started planning a 14 days trip down to Kanha to try spot him, next year! I talked to some one who said male lions would look like kittens compared to him (he had seen both).. So this guy sure is a big guy! Thanks for sharing btw!

I've definitely heard he and other Kahna males are huge, one of the main reasons I had to go to Kahna next month. I booked before the violent eruption and was sad to see the loss of Bheema and Kf, two more huge males, I feared my chances of seeing a big male in kahna decreased significantly after that. But I've been glad to see Munna, and Khari ghatti male along with bheemas brother, Bajrang, Uma and Link 7. But Link 7 and Uma are now in conflict with Link 7 suffering a good gashing at the hands of the latter, but he seems to have healed but I read that they are still going at it which has caused the females to leave, so Mukki still seems to be in state of unrest.
That's why I tried to fit in as many reserves as possible (Tadoba, Pench and Kahna) in my short 10 day trip, I wanted to try and see any and all tigers as I can, but I really feel good about Pench, but you never know till you're there.

Yes I hear great things about Kanha, both the size of the tigers (males and females) and the nature there is said to be spectacular. What violent eruption? I haven't heard about this... Yeah link 7 is also a fav of mine and let's not hope the most elusive one (Umarpani) vipes out all males in Mukki... I also hear females are leaving Mukki because of all the fights that's been going on.. (We must hope that Umarpani get's more cubs he now only has 1 cub and he has those great genes of munna and the Umarpani female) 

Tadoba would be great to visit once, and the chance of seeing tigers there are great, Pench is said to be really hard, but if you see a great male there then the award is just spectacular! Fingers crossed that Tarzan or BMW pictures taken by you is posted here then! :)

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-22-2017, 12:34 AM by Pantherinae )

(03-22-2017, 12:24 AM)st147zar Wrote:
(03-21-2017, 11:15 PM)Pckts Wrote: It's all about angles, when they both are facing eachother, Uma male looks like the more muscular and larger tiger with the bigger head.

Naren Malik

Fanatic child i feel sad for you. Kingfisher was bigger FOR SURE, smaller head? rly? omfg.

He's having an opinion? As we all do.. You neither knows who was the biggest as they haven't been weighed.. And people who has seen both all have different opinions about who's bigger, then it's not surprising that we as well are wondering about it, but we can talk and discuss with maturity can't we?

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(03-22-2017, 12:26 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(03-22-2017, 12:06 AM)Pantherinae Wrote: I can't see the Uma v Bheema video, but several people have told me that Uma was bigger than Bheema, and I agree with @Pckts  Uma seems a "better" buildt tiger, they are really close in size and some says Uma and others say KF was the biggest. Maybe in weight KF was just as heavy maybe even heavier, but Uma imo is a much more impressive specimen, more solid while kingfisher is a fatter tiger, I think he was a serious cattle killer (if I remember correctly), so he probably was quite a lazy boy, but both are/ where magnificent and huge tigers.. So no point in arguing about their size we sadly will never know who weighed the most... But after hearing the weight of the smaller/ equal sized Bheema at the age of 2,5 years was 220 kg, we can only speculate how big their weight might be 260kg?, 280kg?, 300kg? Or maybe even more who knows...sad!

I lost track of the video unfortunately, I'm sure it will pop up again.
They must have weighed KF when he was treated for his nose injury, I wish we could get info on that.
I'd guess all are in the 230-272kg category, I'd also throw Kharai Ghati male and Prime Munna in that category as well but I heard that Kharai Ghati is thick but not as tall/long as the others mentioned. Even Link 7 looks bigger and bigger every time I see him.

@st147zar
Why don't you have a discussion like an adult, instead of calling me a "child" or "fanatic"
Considering the points I made and the images are with in the same vein. I guess you're calling all the other eye witnesses who've seen both and agree, fanatic children as well?
I will ask arround to see if I can find any info regarding KF's weight if it was taken! And yeah who knows how much, if he was 220 kg at 2,5 years of age I'm almost scarred to think what they weigh. 230 seems like an absolute minimum to me tbh, but one thing I've learned is that weights can surprise you. 

Link 7 is magnificent I found a video of him I'll post it later and I'll tag you, of when he walks across the road and you can see the absolute massiveness of that boy..

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-22-2017, 12:56 AM by Pckts )

@Pantherinae
The "violent eruption"  I was talking about was the loss of Bheema and KF with in a few months.

This was posted by @Apollo a while back, but this was on Bheema's death and Bheema in general. This is all posted in the C.I. Tigers thread but since we're having the discussion, may as well post it here as well.                        

http://naturesafariindia.com/blog/author/admin/

My guide for my trip just got back from Tadoba, he got to spend some time with Matsukar male, said he was huge! He's sighted quite often as well, not a lot of other males are sighted that often in Tadoba at the moment, so that worries me, but we'll be there for a few days so I'll have ample time to give it try. I know pench is tougher to spot, but the reward is massive I think, so keep those fingers crossed for me.

One of his images

He hasn't posted the video on FB but I suggest going to his IG "blueplanetwild" and checking out the video of this guy, he's a big boy as well.

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(03-22-2017, 12:54 AM)Pckts Wrote: @Pantherinae
The "violent eruption"  I was talking about was the loss of Bheema and KF with in a few months.

This was posted by @Apollo a while back, but this was on Bheema's death and Bheema in general. This is all posted in the C.I. Tigers thread but since we're having the discussion, may as well post it here as well.                        

http://naturesafariindia.com/blog/author/admin/

My guide for my trip just got back from Tadoba, he got to spend some time with Matsukar male, said he was huge! He's sighted quite often as well, not a lot of other males are sighted that often in Tadoba at the moment, so that worries me, but we'll be there for a few days so I'll have ample time to give it try. I know pench is tougher to spot, but the reward is massive I think, so keep those fingers crossed for me.

One of his images

He hasn't posted the video on FB but I suggest going to his IG "blueplanetwild" and checking out the video of this guy, he's a big boy as well.

Yes I was going to say that Matsukar is probably the most likely giant for you to see without knowing all to much about how likely sightings of him are, I see pictures of him quite frequently and as that I've been told you need about ca. 7 days to see link 7 (Chotta Munna), and 14++ to see Umarpani.. And Pench as well being a hard place to see them big males! But that's the fun you'll never know what will happen
3 users Like Pantherinae's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-22-2017, 05:00 AM by Apollo )

@Pantherinae 

Both Bheema and BMW's son weighed in at 225 Kg at 2.5 years. Im not sure whether they weighed exactly 225 Kg round figure or they bottomed a 225 Kg scale (like Konda and Banda). I think @Pckts can clarify it.
4 users Like Apollo's post