There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 4 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
B2 and Other Great Tiger Pics from India

United States tigerluver Offline
Prehistoric Feline Expert
Moderators

What ever happened to Shivaji?
3 users Like tigerluver's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(02-02-2017, 04:44 AM)tigerluver Wrote: What ever happened to Shivaji?
There were rumors of him being sighted and his son was spotted year back or so but I haven't seen anything concrete on him for some time.
Actually a few of the Tadoba Tigers (namdev and katezari) haven't been sighted in some time and I wonder about them as well.
4 users Like Pckts's post

India shaileshsharadnaik Offline
Tadobatigerlover

(02-02-2017, 05:12 AM)Pckts Wrote:
There were rumors of him being sighted and his son was spotted year back or so but I haven't seen anything concrete on him for some time.
Actually a few of the Tadoba Tigers (namdev and katezari) haven't been sighted in some time and I wonder about them as well.

Hello, All these  tigers must be doing well. the latest info is as below

1) Shivaji - we know he is an old tiger; must be around 13-14 years now. One of Tadoba Kolsa ragne forest office told me that Shivaji migrated to buffer in Oct/Nov 2015 and never seen after that

2) Shivaji's  son - Bunty - He is around 5 years and is very much in the core zone of kolsa in Ramsingh amba area. He is sighted there often. Kolsa range tigers are very shy due to on-off closure of this zone for tourism. This season the area is opened. And there are good sightings , mostly of 3-4 females with cubs

3) Saturn/Namdev - the last sighting of him in core zone is 1.4 years old. He might have migrated in the buffer in Navegaon area. May be because of his son Matkasur male, who has taken over tadoba area

4) Katezari male - My favourite tiger. He must be around 8-9 years now. In vasant bandhara area. This area is closed for tourism since 2014 now. He is surely doing well inside that area. Just seen his rare photo from Summer of 2016 on a forum.
6 users Like shaileshsharadnaik's post

Tadobatigerlover

(02-05-2017, 04:38 PM)shaileshsharadnaik Wrote:

1) Shivaji - we know he is an old tiger; must be around 13-14 years now. One of Tadoba Kolsa ragne forest office told me that Shivaji migrated to buffer in Oct/Nov 2015 and never seen after that

2) Shivaji's  son - Bunty - He is around 5 years and is very much in the core zone of kolsa in Ramsingh amba area. He is sighted there often. Kolsa range tigers are very shy due to on-off closure of this zone for tourism. This season the area is opened. And there are good sightings , mostly of 3-4 females with cubs

3) Saturn/Namdev - the last sighting of him in core zone is 1.4 years old. He might have migrated in the buffer in Navegaon area. May be because of his son Matkasur male, who has taken over tadoba area

4) Katezari male - My favourite tiger. He must be around 8-9 years now. In vasant bandhara area. This area is closed for tourism since 2014 now. He is surely doing well inside that area. Just seen his rare photo from Summer of 2016 on a forum.

F
riends,

here is Bunty clicked year or so back by Swethakumar Rangarao Bobbili . He also seen his pugmarks recently. He has grown very large now.

Attached Files Image(s)

5 users Like shaileshsharadnaik's post

Tadobatigerlover

(02-05-2017, 04:45 PM)shaileshsharadnaik Wrote:

F
riends,

here is Bunty clicked year or so back by Swethakumar Rangarao Bobbili . He also seen his pugmarks recently. He has grown very large now.

Friends

this is last photo I have come across. This is by Sanket Kanhere . This summer 2016
3 users Like shaileshsharadnaik's post

Tadobatigerlover

(02-05-2017, 04:47 PM)shaileshsharadnaik Wrote:
(02-05-2017, 04:45 PM)shaileshsharadnaik Wrote:

F
riends,

Friends

this is last photo I have come across. This is by Sanket Kanhere . This summer 2016

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like shaileshsharadnaik's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to ‎Rajan Gurung.

Umarpani male.

Jan-2017 Kanha Tiger Reserve

*This image is copyright of its original author
7 users Like Tshokwane's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Sachin Sharma
Predator & Prey in the same frame.
From the Meadows of Kanha National Park.
WAM Sachin Sharma 01

5 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Mrityunjay Kanwar
Tiger No 2.
KTR T2 (karighati Male)
Kanha.

5 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-14-2017, 06:07 AM by Pckts )

He's Back!!

Ranveer Singh Gautam
Ab Wagdoh Decide karega ki Kaun sa buffer chalgea Bcz

WAGDOH IS BACK.

Wagdoh seen in his old territory in dewada .

Pic by

"Tiger instinct "

Pic by- Ranveer Singh Gautam

6 users Like Pckts's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Ravish Jain.

Umarpani Male ( MP-KTR-T30 ) sighted today morning in mukki zone!

So basically, this cat killed two dominant males and fought a third one, and he comes out of it virtually unharmed...

It's not a surprise how people don't want to believe tigers fight, when there's so little scarring on dominant males.

And yet, when there's a master among them, they certainly can pull it off.
5 users Like Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Credits to Indranil Dutta‎.

Munna male. January 2017.

15 years old, and still going on. A legend.

5 users Like Tshokwane's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Teerath Singh
Bheem of Bandhavgarh

BHEEM Male has become one of the most Handsome, Powerful, Strongest and Dominant Tigers in Bandhavgarh. He is following the tradition of other dominant male Tigers – Charger, B1, B2, and Bamera – also Blue Eyes. He is DOMINATING half of the tourism area - Tala Zone, parts of Magdhi and Khituli zones, and the Bamera area.
Pictures Taken by Naresh Singh
Pictures Taken by Naresh Singh - Shiv Raj - Saurabh Thakekar

Santosh Burman
Mahaman male tiger Bandhavgarh National Park

8 users Like Pckts's post

Indonesia phatio Offline
Tiger Expert
( This post was last modified: 02-26-2017, 04:01 AM by phatio )

(02-21-2017, 04:28 AM)Pckts Wrote: Teerath Singh
Bheem of Bandhavgarh

BHEEM Male has become one of the most Handsome, Powerful, Strongest and Dominant Tigers in Bandhavgarh. He is following the tradition of other dominant male Tigers – Charger, B1, B2, and Bamera – also Blue Eyes. He is DOMINATING half of the tourism area - Tala Zone, parts of Magdhi and Khituli zones, and the Bamera area.
Pictures Taken by Naresh Singh
Pictures Taken by Naresh Singh - Shiv Raj - Saurabh Thakekar

clearly they're two different tigers. look closely at their facial marking and stripe pattern. 
but the most striking thing is the second tiger have something unusual hanging on below his mouth. 

what is it? some kind of tumor maybe?
2 users Like phatio's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 02-26-2017, 12:49 AM by Pckts )

@phatio Facial markings are the same, where exactly do you see a difference?
The biggest give away is the dot parelell to the eye facing slightly upward with the "V" underneath.
1 user Likes Pckts's post