There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Small Wild Cats

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 01-13-2018, 10:24 PM by Ngala )

1 - ASIAN GOLDEN CAT (photographed at about 12.000 feet)

*This image is copyright of its original author

9 users Like peter's post

Norway Jubatus Offline

Fishing cat

7 users Like Jubatus's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-29-2014, 09:22 PM by Pantherinae )

Most complete cat for it's size, said to be the best jumper, second quickest, most agile, and fastest of all small cats.
Also they can bring down an 60 kg impala and a 90 kg ostich!

I love caracal's and they do have a spesial place in my cat hart!
11 users Like Pantherinae's post

United States Siegfried Offline
Wildanimal Enthusiast

Caracal and bobcat housed together.

http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/wi...e-caracal/

2 users Like Siegfried's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 04-05-2016, 11:25 PM by sanjay Edit Reason: Corrected the infromation provided by StefanC )

Sadly this Lynx was killed during The hunt last winter..... This induviduval is The biggest lynx wheighed in Norway. It weighed 34 kg. Only in siberia this spicies can match that weight!

Edit: As mentioned and confirmed by @StefanC in post number 21, second page of this thread ( http://wildfact.com/forum/topic-record-l...3#pid19973 ) This record holder lynx is shot in Sweden not in Norway.
4 users Like Pantherinae's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Mods - wrong category, It should go inside small cats

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

My bad @sanjay... 

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators

(09-14-2014, 08:56 PM)'sanjay' Wrote: Mods - wrong category, It should go inside small cats

Moved to the small cat department today.

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher

Pantherinae, could you post the source of this record? 

Thanks.

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

'GuateGojira dateline='' Wrote: Pantherinae, could you post the source of this record? 

Thanks.

It was an Norwegian hunting article. I just came across it. But it is just said to be The record lynx, but 34 kg is The biggest one I've ever heard of in Norway. Also know of an 32 kg lynx in The Norwegian/sweedish border. I think I have some pictures. 

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Probably can't use it as legit unless there is evidence of a scale and measurements.
Still looks plenty large but cats bodies extend a bit when the are hoisted so it gives them the impression of being larger than they really are.
TFS either way
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-16-2014, 02:44 AM by Pantherinae )

lynx on 31 kg.

lynx on 32 kg.

2 users Like Pantherinae's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Nice info, any links for them?

Such a waste either way, freaking hunters! Such a pathetic group of people.
Killing animals for no reason other than to make themselves seem more "manly"
6 users Like Pckts's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

'Pckts dateline='' Wrote: Nice info, any links for them?

Such a waste either way, freaking hunters! Such a pathetic group of people.
Killing animals for no reason other than to make themselves seem more "manly"

In Norway it's horrible, more so than almost anywhere else in The world. They are killed because they are killing domesticated reindeer and sheep's who is just beeing released in The forrest, without any heards men, dogs or fence. And if Wolves, wolverienes, bears or lynx kill them their beeing killed. And owners of domesticated animals will kill their own animals, trying to make it look like a lynx bite. Horrible. 

1 user Likes Pantherinae's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

That is  a worldwide issue. Herders leave there flocks unnattended or loose some animals to predators then poison, hunt or trap the carnivores. What are the carnivores suppose to do?
How can you expect them not to hunt easy prey that is invading their territory?
Such a joke!
Makes me sick every time I see another casuality.
The farmers excuse "they are taking away our lively hood"
Which is absolutel bs! The amount of wasted goods and meats is absurd, the illegal trade of animal parts for ancient bs medicines etc.
When will people learn, animals create income, tourism is what pumps a economy, jungle, forrest, grass etc. Create CO2 which strengthens our Ozone layer, stops the sun's harmful radiation, keeps global warming from occuring at the absurd rate it is now. People claim that intellegence seperates them from everything else, yet they are the only species that destroys the things that are protecting them and the world we live on.

3 users Like Pckts's post