There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

Poll: In your opinion, how much maximum weight can a human lift during an adrenaline rush?
This poll is closed.
800 pounds.
25.00%
1 25.00%
1000 pounds.
0%
0 0%
1200 pounds.
25.00%
1 25.00%
1700 pounds.
25.00%
1 25.00%
One whopping ton (2000 pounds.)
25.00%
1 25.00%
Total 4 vote(s) 100%
* You voted for this item. [Show Results]

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Human Strength

India brotherbear Offline
Grizzly Enthusiast

(06-02-2016, 12:10 AM)Polar Wrote:
(06-01-2016, 11:40 PM)brotherbear Wrote: How many of those wrestlers could defeat Bruce Lee in the ring?

These guys were professional fighters, not merely fighters who acted. Lesnar, Karelin, Tyson, Fedor, and some other unmentioned MMA fighters should take Lee down more often than not.

Lee was also a very explosive guy, but Lesnar was near-explosive as Lee at a much higher weight, so that is dangerous.

I'm not so sure; Bruce Lee was more than a "street fighter" but an actual Master of Kung Fu - a scientific fighter whose every movement in a fight comes from long hours of precision-moves. Size and strength vs technique. My favorite wrestler is the ( it would seem ) the professional loser Mark Henry ( who is by-the-way ) stronger than Brock Lesnar.
1 user Likes brotherbear's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Lee was too small to ever hope to have a chance against any of the wrestlers or fighters mentioned. Lee was also purely a stand up fighter, he did apply an arm bar in one movie but his technique was amateur, and no stand up fighter has a chance against a good wrestler.
And lee wouldn't have a hope in H*** of standing up and striking with Tyson, one of the greatest heavyweight boxers of all time.

Also note that lee wasn't even the best among his cohorts, it is said that Chuck Norris (believe it or not) would of wrecked Lee and was the better martial artist.
If you want to look at a true Karate Backround Fighter who has transitioned to MMA it's Loyota Machida but he also has a backround in Wrestling and sumo. Another Kid to keep your eye on is 
Stephen "Wonderboy" Thompson

Even Sage Northcutt who is a karate phenom just lost

@Polar do yourself a favor and check out old Toughman Butterbean vs WWF fighters in boxing to see what happens when a WWF wrestlers tries their hand at a true martial artist. 

Grizzly Enthusiast

Actually, Bruce Lee defeated Chuck Norris in a friendly bout they had. I happen to have a nephew who was the American Karate Champion at one time - He took the title from Chuck Norris - Kenny Crane.  

Bigcat Enthusiast

(06-02-2016, 01:32 AM)brotherbear Wrote: Actually, Bruce Lee defeated Chuck Norris in a friendly bout they had. I happen to have a nephew who was the American Karate Champion at one time - He took the title from Chuck Norris - Kenny Crane.  

No, he defeated him in a movie never in real life.

In fact, Chuck was an actual professional fighter while Lee wasn't.

Grizzly Enthusiast

Yes, I know. In fact, a Shoalin Monk is not a professional fighter. Not being paid to fight does not make one less of a fighter. It's just like, even though Brock Lesnar fought in "more serious" competitions does not prove that wrestlers who did not could not defeat him.  

United States Polar Offline
Polar Bear Enthusiast

@brotherbear,

Have you ever done any martial arts training or wrestling?

Grizzly Enthusiast

http://www.blackbeltmag.com/daily/martia...bruce-lee/ 

Bruce Lee’s Strengths

Chuck Norris: “The truth is Lee was a formidable opponent with a chiseled physique and technique. I totally enjoyed sparring and just spending time with him. He was as charismatic and friendly in the ring and at home as he was on film. His confidence and wit were dazzling, and sometimes even debilitating to others... Lee was lightning fast, very agile and incredibly strong for his size.”

Polar Bear Enthusiast

(06-02-2016, 02:21 AM)brotherbear Wrote: Yes, I know. In fact, a Shoalin Monk is not a professional fighter. Not being paid to fight does not make one less of a fighter. It's just like, even though Brock Lesnar fought in "more serious" competitions does not prove that wrestlers who did not could not defeat him.  

True. There is a time when strength, minor skill, and durability trumps over major skill, and that is when Andre and Mark wins against Lesnar. There is also a time when similar skill, superior physicality in most aspects, and toughness trumps over simply similar skill, and that is when Karelin wins against Lesnar.

As I stated earlier, Lesnar is severely overrated by wrestling fans and MMA fans alike.

Grizzly Enthusiast

When I was a kid, my favorite wrestler was Haystacks Calhoun... 6 ft 4 in tall and weighing in at 600 pounds - and he was not entirely slow.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Haystacks_Calhoun

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-02-2016, 03:05 AM by Pckts )

(06-02-2016, 02:25 AM)Polar Wrote:
(06-02-2016, 02:21 AM)brotherbear Wrote: Yes, I know. In fact, a Shoalin Monk is not a professional fighter. Not being paid to fight does not make one less of a fighter. It's just like, even though Brock Lesnar fought in "more serious" competitions does not prove that wrestlers who did not could not defeat him.  

True. There is a time when strength, minor skill, and durability trumps over major skill, and that is when Andre and Mark wins against Lesnar. There is also a time when similar skill, superior physicality in most aspects, and toughness trumps over simply similar skill, and that is when Karelin wins against Lesnar.

As I stated earlier, Lesnar is severely overrated by wrestling fans and MMA fans alike.

The fact that brock fought in serious competition does prove hes better than any other wrestlers mentioned.
You wouldn't say that some random kids playing in a rec basketball league are better than the golden state warriors, would you?

Once again, Lesnar is being severely underrated by you, look, neither of you guys have ever competed in wrestling, Boxing, MMA, BJJ etc. Neither of you know the difference between a division 1 champion over some guy who is a good street fighter.
No Offense, but it's the truth.

"Lesnar attended Webster High School, where he played football[18] and competed in amateur wrestling. He was a two-time state champion in amateur wrestling with a record of 33–0–0 in his senior year.[21] Lesnar then attended Bismarck State College, where he won the National Junior College Athletic Association (NJCAA) heavyweight wrestling championship in his sophomore year.[22] He transferred to the University of Minnesota on a wrestling scholarship for his junior and senior college years. There, he was roommates with future WWE colleague Shelton Benjamin, who was also his assistant coach.[18][23]"

"Lesnar won the 2000 National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA) Division I heavyweight wrestling championship his senior year after being the runner-up the year prior. Lesnar finished his amateur career as a two-time NJCAA All-American, the 1998 NJCAA Heavyweight Champion, two-time NCAA All-American, two-time Big Ten Conference Champion, and the 2000 NCAA Heavyweight Champion, with a record of 106–5 overall in four years of college.[24]"

You cannot put Mark Henry or Andre the giant in the category of being a fighter, wrestler or any type of martial artist. In fact, go to sherdog.com right now and post that, see what responses you get.

Lets go over the Entire UFC Championship Roster Right now...
Demetris Martin-College- Longest Reigning Flyweight Champion " he placed 3rd and 2nd in state in his junior and senior years. Although he participated in track and cross country to improve his cardio for wrestling, he competed at the State Championships in both sports as well."
Conor McGregor- Featherweight Champion- Started Kickboxing since Age 12, he began boxing at Crumlin Boxing Club under two-time Olympian Phil Sutcliffe[8][9] , All Ireland Boxing Champion as a youth
Rafeal Dos Anjos-lightweight champion-BJJ Black belt, Muay Thai Black belt, wrestler
 Robbie Lawler- Welterweight Champion- began training in karate at the age of nine and later attended Bettendorf High School where he received All-State honors in wrestling and football. Lawler was taken under the wing of Pat Miletich when he was 16 years old and began training with Miletich Fighting Systems as soon as he graduated in 2000
Luke Rockhold-middleweight champion- Training Judo since he was 6,When he entered the seventh grade, he joined his school's wrestling team and stuck with the sport all through Soquel High School[12] while taking jiu-jitsu classes. He also trains out of AKA with Daniel Cormier (olympic medalist in wrestling and cain valesquez, collegiate wrestling monster
Jon Jones/Daniel Cormier- Both LHW champions, fighting for the unified belt next month. Both are collegiate wrestling standouts, cormier like mentioned already was an olympic medalist while jones was a college wrestler and both his brothers play in the NFL and have superbowl rings (obviously an athletic specimen)
Stipe Miocic-HW champion- Golden Glove Boxer, college wrestler

Now I ask you, do you think this is a fluke? Do you think these guys spent their entire lives training and all of a sudden some kid off the streets can compete against them?
Not a chance, not in a million years.

Even go back to the guys they defeated for the title, you'll find the same credentials, got back before them and before them... It's the same story.

@brotherbear which are you going to believe?
An article or straight from Norriss' mouth?
And even in the article never says anything about them having a "friendly" as you put it and sparring is usually just moving around and not going hard unless you're in a fight camp or helping a guy out who is fighting.

Grizzly Enthusiast

How does the fact that Brock Lesnar participated in more serious competitions prove that no other WWE champion could do it. The fact that he chose to give it a shot does not prove that he is the only wrestler capable - it only proves that he is the only one who chose to. 
I joined the marines and served in Viet Nam. Does that prove that you are incapable of being a marine?   

Bigcat Enthusiast

(06-02-2016, 04:22 AM)brotherbear Wrote: How does the fact that Brock Lesnar participated in more serious competitions prove that no other WWE champion could do it. The fact that he chose to give it a shot does not prove that he is the only wrestler capable - it only proves that he is the only one who chose to. 
I joined the marines and served in Viet Nam. Does that prove that you are incapable of being a marine?   

When did I say they "couldn't do it?"
I said they couldn't defeat him in a fight right now, if they trained, dedicated their lives to wrestling like he did, then maybe they could compete. But even so, he isn't just a high school or college wrestler, he was the best of the best in HS and College.
He is the equivalent of an NFL, NBA or MLB athlete, he is the 1% of athletes in his chosen sport.

Thank you for your service btw.
1 user Likes Pckts's post

Polar Bear Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-02-2016, 06:00 AM by Polar )

Not right now; Karelin is obviously retired from pro wrestling and is into politics these days, much like best MMA-fighter (IMO) Fedor Emelianenko, and strongman Raimonds Bergmanis. Many of these Eastern European guys retired sports only to go into politics.

Karelin did dedicate his life to wrestling, much like Brock did as well. I am not sure about his record in high school, but one time he suffered two broken ribs and a severe concussion while on a match against then World Champion wrestler from the US, Matt Ghaffari, and yet Karelin won quite comfortably. If only he did not lose against Rulon Gardner...

"The Experiment" is a name that suits Karelin incredibly well, because not only is he big and strong: he is explosively-powerful, agile, mentally-ruthless and cold against any opponent, fast-learning, mentally and physically durable, stepped over many insulting roadblocks during his time, and he is experienced, and even though he never:

-Went to the NFL.

-Participated in an official MMA fight.

-Got easily knocked out (Brock has a severe case of "glass jaw") by smaller guys such as Frank Mir and Overeem (although he got good revenge on Mir in his rematch.) In contrast, Karelin forcefully got kicked in the right portion of his chin whilst trying to attempt his famous "Karelin Lift" to a trained MMA opponent in his basement. He was fine.

Regardless of what anyone says, I still choose Karelin to win Brock almost every time, even if my face turns blue repeating this statement.

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 06-02-2016, 06:26 AM by Pckts )

Frank Mir never knocked Brock out, he kneebared him in his 2nd fight ever which of course Brock utterly destroyed him in their next fight and overeem never ko'd him either, he dropped him with a kick to the gut. After he was diagnosed with diverticulitis and had much of his large intestine removed, then missed a year and half to recover before that fight.
Also, losing by kick to overeem isn't something to feel bad about, he was a k1 champion and also tapped out fedor in training btw.
Also note that these are heavyweight fighters, 1 punch can finish any fighter. Fedor lost to big foot, werdum and got ko'd by a middleweight Dan Henderson, does that take anything away from him.... Absolutely not!

Also we aren't talking about Karelin who is one of the greatest Olympic wrestlers of all time, we're talking about the wwe wrestlers you named, huge difference.

So I'm not sure what you're saying now.., because you first claimed that hulk hogan or Andre the giant could beat Brock which of course would never happen, Karelin if he trained mma in his prime, sure he could have a chance. He was an Olympic wrestler, huge difference between him and a wwe wrestler.

Grizzly Enthusiast

As for man vs beast; down here is the South, unfortunately, there still remains those illegal chicken fights and dog fights. I've never been to one and never will. But, I have witnessed two roosters fighting which is a bloody spectacle. I could well imagine the owner of a 'fighting cock' to admire his bird's ferocity and fighting skills. However, when that 'fighting cock' meets a red-tailed hawk there just isn't much of a fight.
We can admire the great strength of a power-lifter and the fighting skills of professional fighters. But against a wild beast... it is very similar to fighting cock meets red-tailed hawk.