There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Felids Interactions - Intraspecific Conflicts

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-14-2015, 12:53 AM by Pckts )

@Pantherinae
Awesome images, the shutter images have a way of telling a story and slowing down the action better than video can. Big cats move so fast its tough to decifer their movements at times. TFS

Yes, final 16 was put in iso, he became to aggressive for the other big cats there, he was very young and didn't realize his size until maturity, I guess. His early battles with hobbi were when he was still a sub adult, between the age of 2-3 I believe.
But Hobbi was a smaller tiger but probably the most aggressive tiger there, he seemed to delight in fighting any and all cats. Him and Short ears is one of the most brutal and long lasting fights I have seen between big cats.

2 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 11-17-2016, 06:17 PM by Tshokwane )

Go ahead and post the Best images/videos of any big cat feud you can think of.
First Up
Kankatta and Red eye (in the back) march 2015

*This image is copyright of its original author

Katezari (in the back) Vs Saturn aka Namdev

Their first battle

6/28/13

Bheem (on left) vs Bhagoda aka Jobhi

Umarpani & kingfisher Male fight.

Khali Vs Bokha

Tiger Canyons Jon Varty tiger fight

Different Tiger fight from Jon Varty I believe

Any Big cat is acceptable, not just lions or tigers

Uploaded on Nov 17, 2011
For three days the younger male leopard (Tyson, also known as the Marthly male) had been following the older Mafufanyane, watching his every move, testing his patience, and waiting for a sign of weakness, a moment to throw down the gauntlet. Experienced leopards try to avoid fighting at all costs:instead they scent mark and roar to keep their enemies at bay. Fighting is taxing on their bodies and they need to stay in the best possible condition not only to defend their territories but to be able to hunt effectively and protect themselves. But it was clear that Tyson had his sights set on the older male's territory, which means his land, his shelter, his females and his food. On the third day Tyson made his move and what ensued was one of the most dramatic leopard fights ever witnessed by man. It soon became apparent that Tyson had underestimated his opponent, and his energy and speed were no match for Mafufanyane's wile, strength and cunning. Tyson rolled onto his back, having to defend himself for all his life was worth. The noise of the tearing flesh and sinew was heart-stopping. Both leopards were badly injured, but eventually he left the younger male to nurse his wounds. Mafufanyane would remain lord of this part of the forest for now.
Filmed by guide Charl Pretorius of Lodge Consultants http://www.lodgeconsultants.co.za

4 users Like Pckts's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Saturn aka Namdev vs Gabbar

4 users Like Pckts's post

Argentina Tshokwane Offline
Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Nothing beats Mafufanyane and Tyson's fight, but this apparently these two young males don't like each other, to put it simply.
The more dominant is Nyeleti, I'm not sure who the other one is.

4 users Like Tshokwane's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Two leopards fight in South Africa's Kgalagadi Transfrontier Park. These are the jaw-dropping pictures of a brutal mid-air fight between two territorial leopards. The stunning images show the two big cats wrestling in their fight for survival, jumping on one other in the African heat and taking vicious swipes at their faces

Picture: Roger Holmes/Caters
6 users Like Tshokwane's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

That's a super awesome image, I appreciate the photographer more than anyone else. Leopard always fight that brutal, But to take such images need a lot  lot of experience, patience and off course luck. Kudos to photographer
2 users Like sanjay's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Lion Fight, from 2011:
Lions may be famed for their majestic beauty, but things turned ugly when these two big cats fought over the attention of one lioness.

In scenes that you're more likely to see outside a pub on a Saturday night, the lions stunned tourists, travelling in the Masai Mara national park in Kenya, by scrapping with each other.
As one lion noticed the other eyeing up his mate, he lunged, roared and swung at his competitor - and all the while the lioness causally strolled on while the men claw and bite chunks out of each other.

The fight lasted more than 10 minutes and the challenger was put in his place, retreating with his tail between his legs, while the stronger lion returned to his mate.

Photographer Olga Kirillova was amazed when she spotted the drama unfolding and managed to capture the whole fight on her camera.
The 25-year-old Russian bank worker said: 'We were driving through the park hoping to spot some wildlife when we saw the lion and the lioness in the bushes near the road.

'We started to photograph them when I noticed another lion in the distance.

'He wandered over to the couple and clearly had his eye on the lioness.'
Miss Kirillova continued: 'But the first lion just flew at him - they were rolling around on the ground so close to our cars - it was quite frightening, but incredible to see.

'They were fighting for at least 10 minutes, and they drew blood - we could see blood on the first lion's teeth.

'We were all quite taken aback by the fight - but the lioness was absolutely calm.
'She didn't pay much attention to the fight - she seemed sure that her lion would win.'
Miss Kirllova added: 'Eventually, the second lion retreated to the side of the road - it looked like he was rolling around in pain.
'He was completely put to shame by the first lion - and gave up and ran off.
'The first lion chased him for a while, before returning to his mate.
'The pair of them then walked away, together, in the opposite direction.
'It was an amazing thing to have experienced.'

4 users Like Tshokwane's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

The dark maned lion wins again.
Its crazy how time tested the study from Packer has held up.
Its rare for a "rule" in nature to hold true time and time again.

Obviously exceptions will always exist but this rule seems to be very reliable at this point.

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

(04-28-2015, 05:38 PM)Pantherinae Wrote: yeah right that's the name of the book! Any chance you have the page so you can post it here? Would really appreciate it. Because i always thought it was a 1v1 fight because i have just seen two lions in the pictures! but I was wrong sorry about that...... Very cool pictures though! 
Finally I have understood how to upload here some pictures of on my own computer... For those who can wait, everything happens !
4 users Like Spalea's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

Amazing Spalea, thanks. Great images and once more, showing the importance  of the males bond to be successful.

Virgin Islands, U.S. Rage2277 Offline
animal enthusiast

jaguars and tigers have a similar fighting style
2 users Like Rage2277's post

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

@Spalea , That images are awesome, Does anyone has more description about that fight ? I mean who are these males and whom they killed ? when did this fight happen?

United Kingdom Spalea Offline
Wildanimal Lover

@sanjay, on the 28th april 2015 in this topic (#15-16-17-18-19-20) we spoke about the third photo, the most famous one of this set. It told it was a one on one fight between two male lions. And I said no because, having this japanese photographer's book, Mitsuaki Iwago, I knew a third male went in to bat in favour of one opponent.

At last, having finally understood it was easy, in your site, to upload some pictures, (I believed we had to pay a pictures site in which one we stocked the ours and so on ...), so you have the complete set of this fight which occured in the Serengeti during the 1980s (Books "Serengeti", photographs by Mitsuaki Iwago, published in Great Britain in 1987).

Sorry to have understood that only now.
3 users Like Spalea's post

Big Cats Enthusiast
Moderators

A hungry lion who dared to try and muscle in on a rival pride’s dinner by swimming across the river was spotted by the pack of lions, who were feasting on a recently killed buffalo. A member of the feasting pack sent him running off after a vicious attack.

by Edward Selfe

7 users Like Tshokwane's post

Bigcat Enthusiast

Youngster had to learn the hard way.
I wonder if he had any prior relation to the pride and thought they still may welcome him to a feed?