There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Wild Animals India vs Africa

India jeets Offline
Banned

I know India is a small country and Africa is a Big continent and India comes distant second but still there is no wrong in comparing these two distinct places.

BTW I don't have even half knowledge about either Africa or Indian wild life so any corrections are welcome.

Start with Humans best friend 'DOG'

Africa

*This image is copyright of its original author

India Dhole

2 users Like jeets's post

India jeets Offline
Banned

Africa Buffalo

India water buffalo

Gaur

1 user Likes jeets's post

India jeets Offline
Banned

Hyena

AFrica

India 

Rhino

India Unicorns

Africa

India jeets Offline
Banned

Lions

Asiatic
2 users Like jeets's post

India jeets Offline
Banned

Leopard

Africa

India Common

India Clouded

India Snow

India jeets Offline
Banned

Elephants

Africa

India

India sanjay Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact

Nice thread idea.
Will also love to see other country if they have common animals in africa and india

India jeets Offline
Banned

Pea cock&Pea hen

India

Africa Congo

India jeets Offline
Banned
( This post was last modified: 08-25-2015, 05:03 PM by jeets )

India
India

Golden jackal

Wolf

Fox

Africa

Jackal

Wolf

Red wolf

Fox

India jeets Offline
Banned

Wild ass

India/Asiatic

Africa

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Why not "asiatic wildlife" v "african wildlife"?

Both are continents, both have extremely diverse flora and fauna from place to place.
If you want to use one continent, I think you should use both.

Just my 2 cents

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher
( This post was last modified: 08-25-2015, 11:16 PM by GuateGojira )

Africa is a great continent, full with all the types of climates that you can imagine. Asia is even larger, with territories that goes beyond our own imagination. A comparison between then is simply impossible is such a small scale, as they have similar animals but also have they own particular fauna in some areas. Interestingly, in the case of the lions, Africa had both subspecies, the African per se in the sub-Saharan region and the Asiatic lion in the west of Africa, the last remnant of an once large population that also occupied the north of Africa (the Barbary region).

However, India itself is by no means in disadvantage with the entire African continent, no, it is the great subcontinent, slightly smaller than Europe and full with a magnificent fauna and also all the climates that you can imagine. I don't want to sound biased at this point, but India is magnificent, and like I have said many times, I fully agree with Jim Corbett: I love India!!!

I think that the point of @jeets is to compare the great mammals of both areas, and possibly also the great reptiles, I think. Maybe, if Jeets could present focused areas, in the case of Africa, it will be easier. For example, we can en-globe India like one single area, as its large mammals live in almost all its habitats, but with Africa, we could manage at least four habitats:

1. The east of Africa (Kenya and Tanzania like the principal).
2. The South of Africa (definitely Kruger animals).
3. The desert of Namibia.
4. The forest of West Africa.

I know that we can even take more areas, but this seems to be the principals, from my point of view. There is also the north of Africa, but I don't have much information from there, apart from the extinct Barbary lion.

So, what do you think of this separation for an easier management? By the way, will you like to see a comparative image with all the great mammals and reptiles from each region? Wink:
2 users Like GuateGojira's post

India jeets Offline
Banned

@Pckts @GuateGojira

Why India why not Asiatic wild life?

AFAIK India has 70% of wild animals (in Asia).

As we know from west to India,Pakistan to Middle-East even humans are .... leave it.

North to India China,we found every animal but they are either in dinner plates or in medicines. So only south east asia has some wild animals.So better start with known species then include/exclude some animals later or if anyone knows about both continents their views are always welcome.

===============

It is shameful for Indians even today news like this.Yesterday news only one news media covered it.

'A bird and two reptiles are among new species discovered in India in the past year.Field biologists discovered 176 species of animals and reported 61 new recordings of animal species in the country'.

http://scroll.in/article/750275/photos-a...-past-year

If we don't know these animals exists how can we save them.It is not 17th century ,human intervention is must else they are gone forever.I don't know why India's diverse wild life is neglected,18% humanity lives in India,we are better than Africa in every parameter still every year we discovers 100's of new species.It may done long before anyway better late than never.

Guatemala GuateGojira Offline
Expert & Researcher

@jeets, I think that you have not understood what I say, but nevermind.

I just want to know if you would like to cluster some African habitat (for better management) or if we are going to compare the animals without subspecies, overall and without taking the variations in African habitats? Are you going to include reptiles too?

India jeets Offline
Banned

(08-26-2015, 11:43 AM)GuateGojira Wrote: @jeets, I think that you have not understood what I say, but nevermind.

I just want to know if you would like to cluster some African habitat (for better management) or if we are going to compare the animals without subspecies, overall and without taking the variations in African habitats? Are you going to include reptiles too?

Got it ,Africa has many subspecies too to make it easy you want to concentrate on 1 out of 4 African geographies .Actually I don't know even India's wild life fully so forget Africa.

Started from India's point view (or) take India's wild life as BASE and comparing them with Africa's.

For example

India has Saltwater,Mugger and Gharial crocs.

Africa has Nile,Slender-snouted and west-africa crocs.

May be 2/3 sub species are missing both sides but still main species in both the places are covered.

=====
Take it as just for fun comparison.