There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 3 Vote(s) - 3.67 Average
Felines Hunting

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

(09-08-2014, 07:32 PM)'chaos' Wrote:
(09-08-2014, 06:21 AM)'Pantherinae' Wrote: I don't think it happens Because they would lose such a large prey to other carnivores, and why hunt adult zebra in Africa when there is so much easier prey! 

Well it's not that I don't belive Christine, but I do also belive Almero who is a ecooligist and said he and a vertrenarian weighed The specimen, aswell as The people at Timbawati said it was weighed and that Christine had Nothing to do with this lion, probably different Lions.. And also what has that to do with old storries? Who has suddenly stoped happening.. 

You are correct. For the last time on this, they were seperate incidents. Christinas account
happened earlier when still with the project. The cat  weighed happened after Christine left
Both accounts are believable. That simple 

Wow, the only lion that was weighed with a date attached, images shown, documented and proven was on Oct. 24.
That is the only lion that is used, if they captured the SAME lion at a later date, we would need to see the date of capture, the lion image shown, the scale used and the measurements of the "alleged" lion.
All of which do not exist.
One has actual proof, the other is nothing more than hearsay.

Bigcat Enthusiast

(09-08-2014, 08:55 AM)'Pantherinae' Wrote: Lions and leopards are two different animals, The fact is a lion pride with male Lions present can't lose their kill, while leopards can, Lions does also have many more mouths To feed. A leopard is very opertunistic, but a zebra who would take a long time bringing down and can't drag it in to a hiding spott. Once on big cat diary a leopard killed first an impala then she spotted The calf and caught it, she took of with The calf and left The adult one for The bigger carnivores because she new she could not protect a prey so much bigger and heavy'er than themselves. Maybe some place's in Africa where there is not that much competition she will bring down zebra and wildebeest. I know leopards can take wildebeest some places. But in The video You posted almost all where young once. 

And with The persian leopard, who is competition with a persian leopard and how high is The density? Almost Nothing and there she takes big prey. 

That is just 2 videos, the images I showed have adult Zebra and eye witness accounts of them being killed.
Also the most impressive thing, the Leopard easily killed the Juvenile Zebra and carried the carcass, which he had not even eaten yet completely up a tree. Zebra juvenile of that size will be atleast doublt the Leopards weight and he still brought it up the tree. Extremely impressive, not to mention predation on a Camel, Cow etc

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 11:35 PM by Pckts )

The massive Eland kills may even be the most impressive of all

*This image is copyright of its original author

Male Lion attacking Female Rhino

"A few days ago a rather large male leopard killed a zebra right next to one of the roads. Since then people have been popping into the area every now and then with only the occasional sighting. What we found however blew our minds!"
We edged towards the kill and there was one of the largest males I have ever seen feeding on his kill.

1 user Likes Pckts's post

chaos Offline
wildlife enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-08-2014, 11:44 PM by chaos )

(09-08-2014, 11:23 PM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(09-08-2014, 06:21 AM)'Pantherinae' Wrote: I don't think it happens Because they would lose such a large prey to other carnivores, and why hunt adult zebra in Africa when there is so much easier prey! 

Well it's not that I don't belive Christine, but I do also belive Almero who is a ecooligist and said he and a vertrenarian weighed The specimen, aswell as The people at Timbawati said it was weighed and that Christine had Nothing to do with this lion, probably different Lions.. And also what has that to do with old storries? Who has suddenly stoped happening.. 

You are correct. For the last time on this, they were seperate incidents. Christinas account
happened earlier when still with the project. The cat  weighed happened after Christine left

Wow, the only lion that was weighed with a date attached, images shown, documented and proven was on Oct. 24.
That is the only lion that is used, if they captured the SAME lion at a later date, we would need to see the date of capture, the lion image shown, the scale used and the measurements of the "alleged" lion.

You're calling Mr Bosch, whom you've never met nor had any interaction with, a flat out liar?

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 12:22 AM by Pckts )

(09-08-2014, 11:42 PM)'chaos' Wrote:

You're calling Mr Bosch, whom you've never met nor had any interaction with, a flat out liar?

You're calling Christina who you never met or had any interaction with, a flat out liar?

See how that works?

I am asking for Proof. Like what is provided from christina's end.
If you bosch is telling the truth, then lets see measurements, scale used, images, you know, PROOF!
Weird how you'll readily accept his word and not Christinas. The rules are the same, claims must be backing by evidence or they are meaningless.

chaos Offline
wildlife enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 02:49 AM by chaos )

(09-09-2014, 12:22 AM)'Pckts' Wrote:

You're calling Christina who you never met or had any interaction with, a flat out liar?

See how that works?

If you bosch is telling the truth, then lets see measurements, scale used, images, you know, PROOF!
Weird how you'll readily accept his word and not Christinas. The rules are the same, claims must be backing by evidence or they are meaningless.

Do you understand anything? Time and again, be it any topic, you miss the bus. Its right here in this thread,
on this very page. I stated - clearly - both accounts are believable.

Bigcat Enthusiast

(09-09-2014, 02:38 AM)'chaos' Wrote:
(09-09-2014, 12:22 AM)'Pckts' Wrote:

See how that works?

Do you understand anything? Time and again, be it any topic, you miss the bus. Its right here in this thread,
on this very page. I stated - clearly - both accounts are believable.

"I stated - clearly - both accounts are believable."
Nobody cares what you have stated, your opinion means nothing.
Nothing posted states one lion to be different than the other, no measurements, capture dates, etc.

Between you and me, one of us actually contributes the other chimes in with the same BS every time.
Prove the lions are different, show me capture images, dates, witnesses and verified personal who were there. If not, be quite.

Stop derailing the thread with your bias nonsense, if you want to continue this debate, feel free to post new evidence in the "largest living lions" thread.

chaos Offline
wildlife enthusiast

You can toot your little horn all you like. You know nothing of how others percieve my posts,
and have absolutely no right to speak for anyone but yourself. Got it pal. You're the only
person who actively contends this. That put's you in the minority, not me. You called me a liar
just last week, and I'm growing tired of your pretentious nonsense. You're no more important
than anyone else who posts this forum. 

Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 03:15 AM by Pckts )

(09-09-2014, 03:10 AM)'chaos' Wrote: You can toot your little horn all you like. You know nothing of how others percieve my posts,
and have absolutely no right to speak for anyone but yourself. Got it pal. You're the only
person who actively contends this. That put's you in the minority, not me. You called me a liar
just last week, and I'm growing tired of your pretentious nonsense. You're no more important

And why did I call you a liar?
Thats right, because you denied saying Tigerluver was me.
You know what that is?
Its called a LIE!
Lets just leave it at you don't like me and I don't like you.
End of this pointless discussion.

chaos Offline
wildlife enthusiast

(09-09-2014, 03:15 AM)'Pckts' Wrote:
(09-09-2014, 03:10 AM)'chaos' Wrote: You can toot your little horn all you like. You know nothing of how others percieve my posts,

You know what that is?
Its called a LIE!

A complete deliberate fabrication on your behalf Pockets.

Bigcat Enthusiast

(09-09-2014, 03:21 AM)'chaos' Wrote:
(09-09-2014, 03:15 AM)'Pckts' Wrote:

You know what that is?
Its called a LIE!

A complete deliberate fabrication on your behalf Pockets.

Except for the FACT that it was posted by you, quoted by me, and shown here.

'chaos' Wrote:  
Quote:(08-21-2014 11:00 PM)'tigerluver' Wrote:  What's the exact source of the 250 kg Private Nature Reserve specimen? Never heard of that one.

Ahhhh come on now Pockets. You and I have locked horns on this very topic many times. The 283 kg - stomach content included - lion
weighed - or estimated by your account - by the Timbervati leopard project. Remember? Thats the lion in question.

Quote: 

Tigerluver writes
"Thanks for the info, but I'm not Pckts. Just wondering where it's mentioned for my records. "

http://wildfact.com/forum/topic-largest-...ons?page=3

Total fabrication, right?

chaos Offline
wildlife enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 09-09-2014, 03:50 AM by chaos )

You enjoy beating a dead horse dont you? Nowhere in that statement did I claim
you and tigerluver were one and the same. Also, I apologized and acknowledged
my mistake to tigeluver when I mistakenly attributed his post to you. Now, if I
accused him of being you, why would I apologize? Bonehead! The defense rests.
Now, no more of this boring crap!

Bigcat Enthusiast

Caracal attempting a Monitor Kill

Bob Cat attempts a Golden Eagle Predation

Leopard makes a Warthog Kill

1 user Likes Pckts's post

Pantherinae Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Eurasian lynx in Norway hunting. 

3 users Like Pantherinae's post

chaos Offline
wildlife enthusiast

That lynx looks like a large common housecat.