There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Your wildlife experience in India

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 05-14-2017, 07:50 AM by Pckts )

Ok guys, I'm finally back and have my pics downloaded.
It takes a while to go through them all but I'll try my best.

First up is Tadoba

Tadoba is much smaller than Pench and Kahna and it's much hotter as well. It's not in the mountains the way the others are but it has some spectacular views. From the tigers I saw there, the females aren't as large except for the Devoada female and male, both of them are very large. Believe it or not, Choti Tara and Maya are almost the same size and both couldn't care less about the presence of gypsies. While I was there, Naveagon male was also seen pairing with Maya but we weren't able to spot them but I saw many photos.

Pictures Below

Naveagon Gate entrance

*This image is copyright of its original author

We spotted this male
sloth bear on our very first safari!
Extremely lucky to see him then to get a crossing shot was amazing.

Next Safari we decided to give the Naveagon Buffer zone area a try, we knew the 2 sub adults were there and we managed to spot the male. Also something to note, the buffer zone tigers are noted to kill gaur much more often than core zone tigers, gaur aren't seen as much in the core area, probably due to the traffic.
You can see him yawning below

Our next safari was once again through the core zone
We saw that there were vehicles piling up and we knew that they heard calls, we also knew that there was the deveado female and cubs  in the area so we figured we'd wait and see.
What happened next was unexpected, the Big Male came out of the woods and crossed right in front of the jeeps, maybe 50 yards ahead of us, it happened to fast for us to snap any shots then he was gone, but I got a great look at him. Then the female was roaring and roaring so we waited to try and spot here, then it happened, she came out and crossed about 50 yards ahead of us, this time I was able to get some good shots of her. She was also a large female, much larger than Choti Tara

We were also able to spot a leopard on the afternoon safari (very rare)
He was a large male laying on the hot floor panting

Here is Bull Gaur we saw, he was large but nothing like we would see in Kahna

Here is a landscape shot with a boar

On the final day we finally got a close up shot of a tiger and it was Choti Tara and she didn't disappoint. We were driving a long then the huge road block. We had to drive backwards to snap her and her two male cubs, but I was able to get some great shots.
First is my favorite one and the other one is the only one where I got all 3 together.

All 3 together

This is just a small portion I have, I'm just posting a few of my favorites, I'll be adding much more for each park.
Next up will be Pench
9 users Like Pckts's post

Messages In This Thread
Your wildlife experience in India - Pckts - 04-29-2017, 06:44 PM
RE: Your wildlife experience in India - Pckts - 05-11-2017, 10:34 PM