There is a world somewhere between reality and fiction. Although ignored by many, it is very real and so are those living in it. This forum is about the natural world. Here, wild animals will be heard and respected. The forum offers a glimpse into an unknown world as well as a room with a view on the present and the future. Anyone able to speak on behalf of those living in the emerald forest and the deep blue sea is invited to join.
--- Peter Broekhuijsen ---

• 2 Vote(s) - 4 Average
Tiger Directory

Rishi Offline
Moderators
Wink  ( This post was last modified: 03-19-2017, 08:27 AM by Rishi )

(03-16-2017, 12:35 PM)Haymaker Wrote:
(03-16-2017, 10:27 AM)Rishi Wrote:
(03-15-2017, 01:13 AM)Haymaker Wrote:
(03-08-2017, 01:05 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: excellent write up Phantera and you're right, Jobhi did indeed kill Kankatti.

Guys great thread you gut going, I honestly have to say these tigers really seem to be pretty strong looking over all, I mean they look big too, do you have any weight estimates on them, they do seem pretty impressive!!

Noooooooooo!!!.. You HAD to ask for weight estimates!?!?!?! (Some people just want to watch the world burn)

Yeah because I was in a debate with some guys on youtube, and they said to come on here, the whole debate was are tigers bigger than lions.  I said I think the tigers bigger, and a few guys well actually it was about two were saying only the scientific weight measurements are what matters.  So it was these guys taking on all these other people that were saying the tiger was larger and asking us to post scientific proof they are bigger, verified weights, I really didn't have the info to prove anything.  So I'm actually looking for scientific weights not really estimates.
Well..@Haymaker wanted scientific weight estimates, lemme give mine, never done it before!!! Let's use some measured celebs as standard...

While a below 200kg tiger is considered sub-par, most non-dominant males never cross 225kgs/500lbs.
As i had presented in my post where I suggested you the links, T24 aka USTAD of Ranthambore was weighed 240kgs..MATKASUR, SATURN seems to be of similar size at best.

*This image is copyright of its original author

A close family-friend of mine saw both BAMERA & T25, USTAD's brother of similar stature, from similar distance...he stated BAMERA to be "similarly-sized but bulkier", so 250kg maybe..Also, "T42 aka FATEH & T28 are Ranth's largest, probably larger but visibly leaner than him" (Quoted remarks are his opinion & while I myself trust them, others are free to agree to disagree)..

MADLA bottomed a 2.5quintal scale, so, he was probably about 260kgs, Corbett's KHALI looks equaly tall & muscular...

SAURAHA was 270kgs+ confirmed & some those TERAI/ASSAM MALES, Nagarjun-Sagar's T1 might be of that level...

To cross the 300kgs mark, I believe muscle-mass ain't enough, the tiger will have to be big & bulky as well as blubbery..Atleast on the borderline of being obese, WAGDOH & KZT-083 might have had it in them during their prime!!!

(You do understand that 10-15 kg are nothing to a tiger, they can gain/lose that much weight in a week!!!..)
2 users Like Rishi's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
( This post was last modified: 03-17-2017, 12:48 PM by Rishi )

Hey, @Haymaker I found some old pics.
Lions...

Now, tigers...

These are the records that were deemed worthy of making their way into the books, while thousands of normal ones have been lost.

Also, some are more of wishful assumptions, than accurate measurements...
Think, is it possible that Mazak took a took a 400kg scale with him deep in the mountains & managed to weigh such a beast without any mechanical help??!!!
1 user Likes Rishi's post

United States TheLioness Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

What a very intelligent un-biased post pckts! I agree 100%
2 users Like TheLioness's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

Id this tiger ?

5 users Like Apollo's post

United States Pckts Offline
Bigcat Enthusiast

Looks like a sub adult to me.
3 users Like Pckts's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators
Smile  ( This post was last modified: 03-27-2017, 07:50 PM by Rishi )

Next tiger census in India starts on early 2018 & results are to be released by year end...
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source...CvrzivxnQw
∆Here's the link to the booklet released after 2014, as an update of the more thorough 2010 census databook!!!  (Link below)
https://www.google.co.in/url?sa=t&source...ZMxV-6CEjg
4 users Like Rishi's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast
( This post was last modified: 03-31-2017, 12:26 AM by Apollo )

T58 male tiger and T61 tigress recent mating in Ranthambore

5 users Like Apollo's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

(03-31-2017, 12:24 AM)Apollo Wrote: T58 male tiger and T61 tigress recent mating in Ranthambore

That guy's got a face like BambooRam...
2 users Like Rishi's post

Indonesia phatio Offline
Tiger Expert

What if a coalition of large male tigers, after a long day walk resting in a water hole together. What would they look like? well.. perhaps something like this

i know this is something that will never happen, but it's fun to imagine  Lol
11 users Like phatio's post

peter Offline
Co-owner of Wildfact
Moderators

PHATIO

Apparently, it did happen. Not in India, but in China.  

I don't know if prime males were involved, but everything I found points in that direction.

I'm trying to sort it out. When done, I'll post about it in the tiger extinction thread.
5 users Like peter's post

India zain.azam Offline
TygerTyger

RIP Prince - The most muscular I've ever seen... will miss him..
3 users Like zain.azam's post

India zain.azam Offline
TygerTyger

(04-04-2017, 07:15 PM)zain.azam Wrote: RIP Prince - The most muscular I've ever seen... will miss him..

Attached Files Image(s)

6 users Like zain.azam's post

Sri Lanka Apollo Away
Bigcat Enthusiast

(04-04-2017, 07:15 PM)zain.azam Wrote: RIP Prince - The most muscular I've ever seen... will miss him..

Yes Prince aka Raja from Bandipur is no more.
Details of his death is not available at the moment.
He was found dead in Kundkere range in Bandipur.

May his soul RIP.
3 users Like Apollo's post

Poland st147zar Offline

http://www.thehindu.com/news/national/ka...763690.ece

http://starofmysore.com/tiger-found-dead-bandipur/
3 users Like st147zar's post

Rishi Offline
Moderators

Rajah in his prime...

...& at a greater age.

Well...It's a sad day, but atleast he died of natural causes at the age of 12!!!..  Sad
7 users Like Rishi's post