WildFact
The Birmingham Males - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: The Birmingham Males (/topic-the-birmingham-males)

RE: The Birmingham Males - leocrest - 06-28-2017

Tinyo (FB has it listed as Mfumo but that is wrong) - Birmingham Mfumo - Nkorho Bush Lodge - Subbu Balu
27 Jun 2017
Don't you just envy his hair?

*This image is copyright of its original author

Birmingham Nhenha - Nkorho Bush Lodge, Subbu Balu -

27 Jun 2017

Birmingham Nsuku - Chitwa Chitwa - 25 Jun 2017

Raw determination and power. The Birmingham boys definitely got this right.

Mfumo w/ Torchwood lioness - Birmingham Boy - Cheetah Plains Game Reserve, Andrew Khosa

24 Jun 2017

Here is an additional report from this siting:
Two of the Birmingham male lions were located up in the north, courting one of the Torchwood pride lionesses. The two males are both vying for a chance to sire cubs, so there is tension between them at the moment. Images by Andrew Khosa

Nsuku

Complete conjecture here, but I think Mfumo is or will soon be the largest lion in Sabi Sands.

RE: The Birmingham Males - Michael - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 07:10 PM)leocrest Wrote: Complete conjecture here, but I think Mfumo is or will soon be the largest lion in Sabi Sands.

I don´t know he is big but I find it so hard to compare lions without them being near each other and even then, what do you consider being bigger ? 

Being heavier, being taller, being longer ?

RE: The Birmingham Males - sik94 - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 07:10 PM)leocrest Wrote: Complete conjecture here, but I think Mfumo is or will soon be the largest lion in Sabi Sands.

Apparently the Mantimahle are huge lions, and the bigger Charleston male is another candidate for the biggest lions in Sabi Sands. Mfumo is definitely bigger than his coalition-mates but the biggest in Sabi Sands is a bit hard to say, stuff like this is pretty subjective so who really knows.

RE: The Birmingham Males - Michael - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 09:25 PM)sik94 Wrote:

Apparently the Mantimahle are huge lions, and the bigger Charleston male is another candidate for the biggest lions in Sabi Sands. Mfumo is definitely bigger than his coalition-mates but the biggest in Sabi Sands is a bit hard to say, stuff like this is pretty subjective so who really knows.

The Matshapiri male there is no way he is not that big, what about Scar Nose he is big

RE: The Birmingham Males - vinodkumarn - 06-28-2017

(06-28-2017, 09:36 PM)Michael Wrote:
(06-28-2017, 09:25 PM)sik94 Wrote:

The Matshapiri male there is no way he is not that big, what about Scar Nose he is big

ScarNose is the biggest among coalition members.

RE: The Birmingham Males - sundarbans - 06-30-2017

What are the intra-coalition relationships and hierarchy within the Birmingham males?

RE: The Birmingham Males - Michael - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 02:59 PM)sundarbans Wrote: What are the intra-coalition relationships and hierarchy within the Birmingham males?

No idea Nsuku used to be the dominant one since he is the oldest maybe he still is, Mfumo and Tinyo used to constantly fight with one another and Nhenha seems to be the less dominant.

If Tynio or Mfumo are now the dominant male I have no idea.

RE: The Birmingham Males - vinodkumarn - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 02:59 PM)sundarbans Wrote: What are the intra-coalition relationships and hierarchy within the Birmingham males?

Nsuku is the most dominant followed by Nhena, Tinyo and Mfumo
Mfumo becomes aggressive against Tinyo and they fight each other frequently

RE: The Birmingham Males - Michael - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 06:15 PM)vinodkumarn Wrote:

Why do you think Nhenha is more dominant than Mfumo and Tinyo ?

RE: The Birmingham Males - vinodkumarn - 06-30-2017

(06-30-2017, 07:17 PM)Michael Wrote:
(06-30-2017, 06:15 PM)vinodkumarn Wrote:

Why do you think Nhenha is more dominant than Mfumo and Tinyo ?

I do remember he eating the Carcass first few months ago and also I think he is older than Tinyo and Mfumo