WildFact
The Matimba coalition - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: The Matimba coalition (/topic-the-matimba-coalition)

RE: the Matimba coalition - Matimbalani - 08-24-2018

Here both Matimba Males follow 2 of the Othawa Females that are trying to keep them away from cubs and one of the females are showing sign of coming into oestrus and both of the females have continuously been mating with the Matimba Males.

(Both Hairy Belly and Ginger Matimba are in great shape) Inyati Game Lodge - 23rd August 2018

RE: the Matimba coalition - Herekitty - 08-28-2018

Credit: Singita Ebony Lodge, image by Nick du Plessis, posted August 27, 2018

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: the Matimba coalition - T Rabbit - 08-30-2018

matimbas killing hyena.
Hairy belly, ginger and an othawa lioness killed a hyena two days ago
[attachment=1418]
[attachment=1419]

RE: the Matimba coalition - Chris - 08-30-2018

(08-30-2018, 01:23 AM)T Rabbit Wrote: matimbas killing hyena.

Pure sign the Matimbas are back in business.

RE: the Matimba coalition - swtlei4u - 08-30-2018

(08-30-2018, 02:00 AM)Chris Wrote:

if these guys stick around they will cause the same outcome for the othawas that they did for the tsalala's! they are not much younger to the majingalane males so dominance is surely amost over and before this they were nomadic but right now they have no challengers. they also failed to protect the breakaway styx lionesses and their offsprings.

RE: the Matimba coalition - Chris - 08-30-2018

(08-30-2018, 04:51 AM)swtlei4u Wrote:

if these guys stick around they will cause the same outcome for the othawas that they did for the tsalala's! they are not much younger to the majingalane males so dominance is surely amost over and before this they were nomadic but right now they have no challengers. they also failed to protect the breakaway styx lionesses and their offsprings.
Well listen you can’t blame them in the senses the styx pride because they heard 5 males. So it really wasn’t worth it for them to defend in my eyes.

RE: the Matimba coalition - vinodkumarn - 08-30-2018

(08-30-2018, 10:25 AM)Chris Wrote:

Well listen you can’t blame them in the senses the styx pride because they heard 5 males. So it really wasn’t worth it for them to defend in my eyes.

When they lost Kambulas to Matshapiris.. they abandoned Tsalalas as well and vanished
Its a shame that..none of the Tsalala offspring survived... They were 5 of them.. survived for nearly 2.5 years.. then all of them died...

RE: the Matimba coalition - Huskyraccoon - 08-31-2018

(08-30-2018, 10:59 AM)vinodkumarn Wrote:

When they lost Kambulas to Matshapiris.. they abandoned Tsalalas as well and vanished
Its a shame that..none of the Tsalala offspring survived... They were 5 of them.. survived for nearly 2.5 years.. then all of them died...
Hi! Do we know how many cubs the southern matimbas brouth up to adulthood in total?

RE: the Matimba coalition - vinodkumarn - 08-31-2018

(08-31-2018, 11:20 AM)Huskyraccoon Wrote:
(08-30-2018, 10:59 AM)vinodkumarn Wrote:

Hi! Do we know how many cubs the southern matimbas brouth up to adulthood in total?

Dont have complete data.. Mbiri males are the ones brought up by them..
Talamti males were brought up by both of them I think...so as Junior...

RE: the Matimba coalition - Pckts - 09-06-2018

Scott Hughes
The Northern Matimba Boss Nduna about to be bitten by brother Ginger Matimba, unknown credits

RE: the Matimba coalition - Herekitty - 09-07-2018

So this happened tonight... Male Lion attempting to steal the male leopards kill from up a tree!!! Unbelievable to watch from 5 yards away...Credit: image by Mark Thomas at Dulini, posted September 6, 2018

Unbelievable last night at hanging out yards away from these incredible guys! Credit: image by Mark Thomas at Dulini, posted September 6, 2018

RE: the Matimba coalition - T Rabbit - 09-08-2018

Ginger matimba
[attachment=1443]
[attachment=1444]

RE: the Matimba coalition - Herekitty - 09-13-2018

Ginger Matimba blows me away (HB too). Nearing 13 yrs old and still doing all the things a dominant male lion does. Did anyone see the recent footage of him stealing a leopard's kill from up a tree? I'll search it out. Credit: video by Dulini Game Lodge, posted September 12, 2018

RE: the Matimba coalition - Matimbalani - 09-13-2018

(09-13-2018, 02:17 AM)Herekitty Wrote: Ginger Matimba blows me away (HB too). Nearing 13 yrs old and still doing all the things a dominant male lion does. Did anyone see the recent footage of him stealing a leopard's kill from up a tree? I'll search it out. Credit: video by Dulini Game Lodge, posted September 12, 2018

I am surprised that they are doing well considering their age. They are true survivors though unfortunately the last three or four years have been a waste with no surviving cubs. It will be borderline miracle if any litters born from their recent romp survive to adulthood.

RE: the Matimba coalition - Chris - 09-13-2018

(09-13-2018, 02:17 AM)Herekitty Wrote: Ginger Matimba blows me away (HB too). Nearing 13 yrs old and still doing all the things a dominant male lion does. Did anyone see the recent footage of him stealing a leopard's kill from up a tree? I'll search it out. Credit: video by Dulini Game Lodge, posted September 12, 2018

Looks he’s mating with the young Ottawa female. Which is good because she can give birth to heathier and fresh cubs.