WildFact
The Matimba coalition - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: The Matimba coalition (/topic-the-matimba-coalition)

RE: the Matimba coalition - Legendary - 06-09-2018

One day before

RE: the Matimba coalition - Chris - 06-09-2018

Wow I thought the young female was to young but apparently not it looks like she will remain with the pride now that she is mating with HB. Matimbas are seriously cementing themselves in the West.

RE: the Matimba coalition - Lionpower - 06-09-2018

(06-09-2018, 03:00 PM)Legendary Wrote: Hairy Belly has never been seen mating with a female since moving to west...

This is Ginger..Has anybody seen HB recently? Is he alive?

RE: the Matimba coalition - Tshokwane - 06-10-2018

(06-09-2018, 10:33 PM)Lionpower Wrote: Has anybody seen HB recently? Is he alive?

He has been seen, yes, usually in the company of his brother, I think he just simoly lays elsewhere. 

He seems to be, however, on a not so good physical condition than Ginger.

RE: the Matimba coalition - Legendary - 06-10-2018

Hairy Belly is dead. Ranger Ronald confirms

RE: the Matimba coalition - Abomai - 06-10-2018

(06-10-2018, 03:19 AM)Legendary Wrote: Hairy Belly is dead. Ranger Ronald confirms

HB dies every other month...I'll believe when I see a corpse.

RE: the Matimba coalition - Legendary - 06-10-2018

Everyone’ knows now HB is not the same Male he was before... This might be true after all especially when a ranger gives an indication not a lier like Asif Ali who creater fake death rumours before...

And his corpse may not be found after all... Golden mane and dark mane majingilane were not found...

RE: the Matimba coalition - Abomai - 06-10-2018

(06-10-2018, 04:20 AM)Legendary Wrote: Everyone’ knows now HB is not the same Male he was before... This might be true after all especially when a ranger gives an indication not a lier like Asif Ali who creater fake death rumours before...

And his corpse may not be found after all... Golden mane and dark mane majingilane were not found...

I'm not saying the ranger is lying, but "it might be true" and "from what I hear" does not sound like it's 100% confirmed, and if there's no corpse then it's too soon to state his death.

RE: the Matimba coalition - Chris - 06-10-2018

(06-10-2018, 04:48 AM)Abomai Wrote:
(06-10-2018, 04:20 AM)Legendary Wrote: Everyone’ knows now HB is not the same Male he was before... This might be true after all especially when a ranger gives an indication not a lier like Asif Ali who creater fake death rumours before...

I'm not saying the ranger is lying, but "it might be true" and "from what I hear" does not sound like it's 100% confirmed, and if there's no corpse then it's too soon to state his death.

Exactly 100 % correct

vj7891106 - vj7891106 - 06-10-2018

totally agree!!!

RE: the Matimba coalition - Leroy - 06-12-2018

So what's the verdict fellas? is his majesty hairy belly deceased? he has been dying every other month for years now, but has he finally succumbed? tried trawling around but can't seem to find any official confirmation?

RE: the Matimba coalition - George - 06-13-2018

Both matimbas confirmed alive

RE: the Matimba coalition - Matimbalani - 06-13-2018

(06-13-2018, 01:01 AM)George Wrote: Both matimbas confirmed alive

Good news, George. Any pictures or videos? It's infuriating how media is hard to come by for HB (in contrast to Ginger.) I am wondering if it's a case of self-censorship with people not taking/posting his media because he is too weak or emaciated. Understandable, I would guess.

RE: the Matimba coalition - Leroy - 06-13-2018

(06-13-2018, 01:40 AM)Matimbalani Wrote:
(06-13-2018, 01:01 AM)George Wrote: Both matimbas confirmed alive

Good news, George. Any pictures or videos? It's infuriating how media is hard to come by for HB (in contrast to Ginger.) I am wondering if it's a case of self-censorship with people not taking/posting his media because he is too weak or emaciated. Understandable, I would guess.

The matimba facebook page is pretty sparse too.  I guess it can come down to how accessible they are too.  If HB has slinked off somewhere that is hard to access, people will just pay less attention to him and consequently less photos and reports will emerge.

Good news that he's alive though, hopefully they can ride out a nice comfortable retirement.

RE: the Matimba coalition - George - 06-13-2018

Both matimbas feeding on impala kill