WildFact
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions (/topic-history-s-most-brutal-killers-the-majingilane-male-lions)

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - IñigoMontoya - 07-20-2017

This reminds me of something. The 6 Mapogos together were invencible but splited were a catastrophe..... The 5th Majins died for the same reason.

Majins have always highlighted for are together (and be very inteligent) and theirs success is mainly due to that. Why this behavior change? I dont understand.

Is posible they know they are old and they  begin a semi-nomad life because they think couldnt defend their terroitories and pride for a long time more?

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - HouseOfLions - 07-20-2017

(07-19-2017, 10:58 PM)Chris Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 09:07 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(07-19-2017, 08:56 PM)Chris Wrote: Does anyone think the majingilanes can takeover the Birminghams?

Nah. They're too old while the B males are young.

Quote:I mean if they catch one of them then they have a chance. 

Yeah, they could kill one. But that doesn't mean they would go to take over the land.
Hey I think they would man because then it would be a 3 on 3 situation. And yeah the majingilanes might be old but there still strong males and the most important thing is the experience.

Sorry but this is quite incorrect. They are not strong males anymore, they are very old and way past their prime. Even in a 3 vs 3 situation, they don't have the strength to challenge 3 males in their prime.

They are the same as the 3 Mapogoes in their final year. They are old, past their prime and as of now, they are outnumbered. Now, I am not saying they won't fight back, they will and even if they manage to hold of the BBoys for the first or even second time, the third time might be the end. At this point, they are bidding for time to allow their cubs to reach maturity!

And experience has nothing to do with a straight up fight, they are not humans who can come up with tactics mid-fight! In a 3 vs 3 fight, the younger males, who are in their prime, will most likely win. If they make it a 3 vs 1, then yes, they will win but in a 3 vs 3, they are not doing ANYTHING!

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 05:14 PM)HouseOfLions Wrote: The funny thing is that people don't like to mention the video report from karen van de merve! In that report she said that she saw 3 male lions running, followed by 2 male lions and then another 2 male lions following.

That was when the 3 male lions separated from the other 2 male lions. Here, she is talking about the manginjis and the 2 male lions that were following, were the mlowathis.

The only reason I'm approving the comment is to just prove you wrong, again.

These are were exact words in her blog:

With great excitement I got the news of Lions walking over our open area early that morning. It was the young males that came into our area recently. They were feeding on a Buffalo kill north of Nkorho the previous day and must have moved onto our property during the night. Hot on their heels were Mr T and Kinky Tail following them to the north away from Nkorho. The message came over the radio about the 2 Mapogo males moving onto Nkorho property again. After spending some time with 2 other vehicles watching them, I was left alone with the Mapogos. They were on a mission, and the words of Greg, a friend and ranger of a neighbouring lodge earlier the morning, went through my mind… “Karin, today we are going to have a war…” They were sniffing, scent marking, walking in circles all the time. They left me guessing and confused from time to time… what are they up to? Losing visual of them and having 2 rangers responding and on their way, I had to try my luck and take another road to try and relocate them. Coming around a bend I suddenly saw a male Lion lying in tall grasses just off the road. My first thought was that it might be one of the Mapogos… seconds later I was proven very wrong! Mr T and Kinky Tail came charging out the bushes in front of me.

Just as it got dark, we found the rest of the young coalition lying north of our open area. In stead of 5 Lions, now there were only four. Not sure if they knew exactly what happened to their brother. After watching them for a while, walking down the road we left them as we returned to the lodge… hoping that they move away from the Mapogos, as we really did not want to have another fight… Later on the 4 males started calling… Our greatest fear was about to happen.

Interesting how she doesn't mention anything of what you just said...

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 05:19 PM)HouseOfLions Wrote: Sorry but this is quite incorrect. They are not strong males anymore, they are very old and way past their prime. 

They are very old, and past their prime, that's true. But you're wrong, they are definitely strong males and they are showing it to everyone.

Quote:Even in a 3 vs 3 situation, they don't have the strength to challenge 3 males in their prime. 

Yeah....except when they do, for example the past times where the same two chased away 3 Birminghams out of a kill in their own land.

Funny how you didn't speak a word then...

If it was two old Mapogos walking in another males land easily like this, you'd be praising it to the heavens, fawning over it like a fanatic, but since it's the Majingis, nah it's nothing, they're weak...

So, shut it with the bias, I don't want to see this crap anymore.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Fredymrt - 07-20-2017

One of the Manjingilane males crosses the Sand River in search of his brothers

*This image is copyright of its original author

Photo Credit callumgowar
Date- 20/07/2017
Location- Londolozi Sabi Sands

(07-20-2017, 01:22 PM)IñigoMontoya Wrote: Why this behavior change? I dont understand.

I don't think it's a behavioural change. It's part of what they are, the only difference I see is that they fight much less among themselves than the Mapogos and that makes it easy for them to secure the land, and raise their cubs to adulthood.

(07-20-2017, 01:22 PM)IñigoMontoya Wrote: Is posible they know they are old and they  begin a semi-nomad life because they think couldnt defend their terroitories and pride for a long time more?

Iñigo, they are not "semi-nomad". The territory they own is the best defended, not only because of where it is, in the west, but also because they make certain that no one gets even close.

They haven't had absolutely no problem defending it.

I don't know why they're going on these far patrols, but my opinion is that they're trying to figure out who's dominant outside their territory. They know where the Birmingham males are, but for the rest of the lands there isn't a dominant coalition, and maybe they want to know for certain how much they can potentially wander.

(07-20-2017, 07:37 AM)leocrest Wrote: You say all this, but golden mane is completely exposed in the west.

Definitely. It's the game of risk and reward, and sometimes it pays off, but some other times it deosn't and you get a dead male and a takeover.

I think eventually they will either keep making this mistake, one of them getting caught and killed, or someone will have to get the courage to risk an all out war, which I don't think anyone wants against them for now, at least not the Birmingham males that are the ones that have the muscle to do it.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - NCAT33 - 07-20-2017

(07-20-2017, 06:14 PM)Tshokwane Wrote:
(07-20-2017, 01:22 PM)IñigoMontoya Wrote: Why this behavior change? I dont understand.

I don't think it's a behavioural change. It's part of what they are, the only difference I see is that they fight much less among themselves than the Mapogos and that makes it easy for them to secure the land, and raise their cubs to adulthood.

(07-20-2017, 01:22 PM)IñigoMontoya Wrote: Is posible they know they are old and they  begin a semi-nomad life because they think couldnt defend their terroitories and pride for a long time more?

Iñigo, they are not "semi-nomad". The territory they own is the best defended, not only because of where it is, in the west, but also because they make certain that no one gets even close.

They haven't had absolutely no problem defending it.

I don't know why they're going on these far patrols, but my opinion is that they're trying to figure out who's dominant outside their territory. They know where the Birmingham males are, but for the rest of the lands there isn't a dominant coalition, and maybe they want to know for certain how much they can potentially wander.

@HouseOfLions 

I wasn't trying to raise up another debate with the same topic, all over again, merely to highlight where you were wrong, how the preference you have clouds your judgement. Especially when with the second post you were already contradicting yourself, and using another person's point of view, different than Karin's.

This is a settled subject, so move on.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - sik94 - 07-20-2017

To be honest I don't notice any bias in what @HouseOfLions said. In a 1 on 1 fight an aged lion will struggle against a lion in it's prime no matter how good of a condition he is in. And the situation where the Majingalanes chased the birmnghams off their kill doesn't count because there was no physical contact made, had the birminghams been looking for a fight the Majingalanes would have come off much worse.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Fredymrt - 07-20-2017

@HouseOfLions
Grow up kid this is real life and not a Disney movie, nor a video game everywhere you go on here there are Mapogo fanatics talking trash.
How dare any of you call an animal a coward or an insignificant animal?
These are  wild animals trying to survive

Karin van der Merwe
I hope this help

Georgel Voinicel and Giovi Bill...
I am going to try to explain this again...after trying numerous times to explain the happenings the best I can and still people think they know better. It amazes me how people pretend they know everything and choose not to believe us. Let me start by saying we never mentioned who exactly we have seen as soon as we got out on the vehicles and saw the Lions running over our open area. ... it was chaos and first I didn't even know how many males there were and there is no way that any of us knew who was who. I remember still that the guys at first thought it was Mr T that was being mauled by the Majingis. None of us witnessed the fight from the start ... the rangers and guests were having dinner in the boma and I was home. Then, Peter Rundle is alive and doing very well. I fully understand why he is not active on fb and want to get involved in this once again. I was the only person with a video camera that night and I can assure you I am not even sure what all I recorded and when I stopped recording. I am sure you must understand that some  things out in nature will never be understood or explained. Like I said, we did not stay with the Lions and none of us were there to witness how it started.  I am just asking you to stop looking for things that there never was. Just accept the facts and let it be..

Nkorho Bush Lodge
The reason why I might not sound very friendly is because I have explained the situation and happenings nearly 100 times before so at some stage any normal person will start to feel a bit " unfriendly". You may not believe me but it was chaos as we jumped into the vehicles and started following the lions. And speaking then for myself only I was definately confused about the identities of the lions and I can promise you I still have no idea and will never know why Mr T was not right next to Kinky Tail. I just get the feeling that people still do not believe what I say and I promise you what I know and how I remember it I have told from the start. And I promise you the sounds of roaring was quite hectic.

(07-20-2017, 08:08 PM)sik94 Wrote: To be honest I don't notice any bias in what @HouseOfLions said.

Well, of course. I deleted it.

(07-20-2017, 08:08 PM)sik94 Wrote: In a 1 on 1 fight an aged lion will struggle against a lion in it's prime no matter how good of a condition he is in.

And we're all agreeing with that.

(07-20-2017, 08:08 PM)sik94 Wrote: And the situation where the Majingalanes chased the birmnghams off their kill doesn't count because there was no physical contact made, had the birminghams been looking for a fight the Majingalanes would have come off much worse.

It "doesn't count" because it's the Majingilane the ones that did it. Had it been anyone else, the praise would come like rain and no one would stop talking about it.

That's the bias I was referring to.

But anyway, This is getting us off track once again, I'll prefer to post and talk about what they do now.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - sik94 - 07-21-2017

How can you just assume I am saying "it doesn't count" because it's the Majingalanes? I mean props to the Majingalanes for chasing the birminghams out of their territory but we are talking about their chances in an actual all out brawl not just chasing back and forth. Even if it were the three old Mapogos I would be saying the same thing, on equal footing an old coalition will be in a tough spot against a coalition in it's prime.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - lioncrazy - 07-21-2017

@sik94 but they are not humans where a "brawl" measures success I think the fact that one coalition was able to chases off another coalition off a kill in there own territory is says it all some might think it's even a bigger statement bboys just didn't wanna risk injury

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - lioncrazy - 07-21-2017

Is gm with his bros yet?