WildFact
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions (/topic-history-s-most-brutal-killers-the-majingilane-male-lions)

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - bdg79 - 01-04-2017

There is no way in hell that the BBoys are afraid of the Majingilanes and they moved further east because of that.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 01-04-2017

(01-04-2017, 03:00 AM)bdg79 Wrote: There is no way in hell that the BBoys are afraid of the Majingilanes and they moved further east because of that.
(01-04-2017, 02:36 AM)Georgel Wrote: I other words, the EP rangers missed some important details.

No one ever said the Birmingham males were "afraid", merely that they moved, and the reason is quite clear.
In other words, you're jumping into wrong conclussions based on your own bias, criticizing the people that are actually there and know more than you.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Georgel - 01-04-2017

(01-04-2017, 06:11 AM)Majingilane Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 03:00 AM)bdg79 Wrote: There is no way in hell that the BBoys are afraid of the Majingilanes and they moved further east because of that.
(01-04-2017, 02:36 AM)Georgel Wrote: I other words, the EP rangers missed some important details.

No one ever said the Birmingham males were "afraid", merely that they moved, and the reason is quite clear.
In other words, you're jumping into wrong conclusions based on your own bias, criticizing the people that are actually there and know more than you.

The EP rangers' comment suggests exactly this: the BBoys are afraid of the Majingilanes and move east. I've posted an information showing they made some suppositions without any base. It's not the first, and not the last time when some rangers do this. Moreover, some time they post incomplete information, as it is the case with the Nkorho rangers who forgot to mention where exactly they have seen the two Majingilanes.

As usual, you judge people from your inclinations to favor a coalition (btw, none of us has as nickname the name of a coalition, excepting you, dear moderator).

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - bdg79 - 01-04-2017

Majingilanes are great males, but they are old now, some of them with injuries. Even to suggest that they pose a threat to a powerful coallition of four prime males is a  mistake and a false information.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 01-04-2017

(01-04-2017, 01:37 PM)Georgel Wrote: I've posted an information showing they made some suppositions without any base. It's not the first, and not the last time when some rangers do this. 

The only one making suppositions is you. They're merely informing.

Quote:Moreover, some time they post incomplete information, as it is the case with the Nkorho rangers who forgot to mention where exactly they have seen the two Majingilanes. 

I didn't know they were to be prostrated at your service, always saying "where exactly" each lion is, which they dosometimes and others not.

Quote:As usual, you judge people from your inclinations to favor a coalition

As usual, you're projecting. 

You're the one judging these nice people that keep us informed because of their "incomplete info", as if they have any obligation whatosever to tell us.

(01-04-2017, 02:29 PM)bdg79 Wrote: Even to suggest that they pose a threat to a powerful coallition of four prime males is a  mistake and a false information.

No one suggested that. The Birmingham males are younger, and easily bigger than most Majingilane.

This does not mean, however, that a couple of Majingilane catching a Birmingham male alone won't do damage, far the opposite.

3 Majingilane have been hanging around there. Recently, the Birmingham males have been hanging out separated in groups of 2.

You can guess how 3 vs 2 goes, and this is exactly what they have been responding to.

Retreating does not mean cowardice.

If they catch one, yes I agree, vs 2 BBoys I won't be so sure. This is why the southern Matimbas are alive today, they are much bigger and stronger, and the Majingilanes never went full on attacking them. It is just an opinion.

(01-04-2017, 07:08 PM)bdg79 Wrote: vs 2 BBoys I won't be so sure.

Not to kill them. But enough to start the game of chase and run, and maybe that's what the Birmingham males want to avoid.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Georgel - 01-04-2017

(01-04-2017, 10:38 PM)Majingilane Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 07:08 PM)bdg79 Wrote: vs 2 BBoys I won't be so sure.

Not to kill them. But enough to start the game of chase and run, and maybe that's what the Birmingham males want to avoid.

You are keeping fabulate: BBoys don't want to avoid anything. Only 2 Majingilanes were seen far from Nkorho and two BBoys are in Nkorho. So who's avoiding who?

Moreover, keep deleting shamelessly any post of mine which doesn't fit your opinion.

(01-04-2017, 11:01 PM)Georgel Wrote: You are keeping fabulate: BBoys don't want to avoid anything.

Evidently, they do. It's what it is.

Quote:Moreover, keep deleting shamelessly any post which doesn't fit your opinion.

I will.

It has nothing to do with a different opinion of mine, after all, I haven't deleted bdg79 posts.

It has to do with different things.

1- Relevance of it. In this case, there's none, since it's your own, subjective and distorted opinion that doesn't reflect on what the rangers are telling us.

2- Respect towards the people that inform us, which in this case you're failing to do.

3- My reluctance into getting drawn to a useless debate. 

This is the wild, it has no attachments to your personal feelings on it (in this case that the Birmingham males "should" do whatever you want them to).

We're just being witness to it developing.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Fredymrt - 01-05-2017

Throwback back:

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Georgel - 01-05-2017

(01-04-2017, 11:09 PM)Majingilane Wrote:
(01-04-2017, 11:01 PM)Georgel Wrote: You are keeping fabulate: BBoys don't want to avoid anything.

Evidently, they do. It's what it is.

Quote:Moreover, keep deleting shamelessly any post which doesn't fit your opinion.

I will.

It has nothing to do with a different opinion of mine, after all, I haven't deleted bdg79 posts.

It has to do with different things.

1- Relevance of it. In this case, there's none, since it's your own, subjective and distorted opinion that doesn't reflect on what the rangers are telling us.

2- Respect towards the people that inform us, which in this case you're failing to do.

3- My reluctance into getting drawn to a useless debate. 

This is the wild, it has no attachments to your personal feelings on it (in this case that the Birmingham males "should" do whatever you want them to).

We're just being witness to it developing.

Of course! How could I missed this!

Anyway, Pieter Dannhauser (ranger at Nkorho) replied my question about where they seen the two Majingilanes: "They were on a different property far West of Nkorho." (Anyone can check this on Nkorho facebook page.)

Update: Pieter Dannhauser was very kind and gave me more details. I've asked if the two Majingilanes were found at Elephant Plains and he replied: "A property next to Ep called Shirleys."

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 01-06-2017

Credits to Capturing Perfect Moments.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 01-06-2017

Credits to Richard Brown.

These are from November.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - vinodkumarn - 01-06-2017

By Eleanor James. Arathusa - August 2010. One of the Majigilani males who had, at that stage, recently won the ferocious turf war with the Mapogas. This was taken at a very tense encounter with a Styx female. Although she had been seen mating with him the day before, he approached her so aggressively that we feared for her life. Fortunately she was very submissive and survived the encounter.