WildFact
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions (/topic-history-s-most-brutal-killers-the-majingilane-male-lions)

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 12-26-2016

Credits to Matt Porter.

Hip Scar

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Gamiz - 12-31-2016

Credits to Craig Parsons

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 12-31-2016

Credits to Promise Mashile.

The Dark King summoning his army...

Edit: Dark mane is with the Othawa pride, the other three were roaring in the east.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - fursan syed - 12-31-2016

seems like majingilanes days are numbered. i think 2017 is going to be pretty tough for them

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 01-01-2017

Credits to Nkorho Rangers.

31 December (morning)

- Headed to the west where we were on our way to see the Majingalane males but instead bumped into Salayexe who was sleeping in a tree next to the road.

- Saw one of the Majingis with a buffalo kill. He had a full stomach and was laying under a tree.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - vinodkumarn - 01-01-2017

@"Majingilane" How many coalitions of lions are there.. who are sons of Majis..
I know One was with Fouways (Orange eye) and killed by Briminghams... 
recently One of the Sparta was killed by Mantimahles and another Sparta was killed a while ago (They were a coalition of three)
Styx (3 sub adults) and Mhageni (3 + 1 Talamati) are the ones who are into independence...
am I missing anything?

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 01-01-2017

(01-01-2017, 08:22 AM)vinodkumarn Wrote: How many coalitions of lions are there.. who are sons of Majis..
recently One of the Sparta was killed by Mantimahles and another Sparta was killed a while ago (They were a coalition of three)
Styx (3 sub adults) and Mhageni (3 + 1 Talamati) are the ones who are into independence...
am I missing anything?

The list goes like this:

- Fourways male with the Orange eyes. He wasn't killed by the Birminghams, last time I read he's in the Kruger.

- 2 Styx males in the Kruger.

- 3 Sparta males, of which one was missing some time ago, one was killed recently and the remaining brother hasn't been seen.

- 3 Tsalala males, they're still with a breakaway part of the pride.

- 3 Mangheni males(of which one was maybe missing) + Talamati male.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - vinodkumarn - 01-01-2017

(01-01-2017, 03:40 PM)Majingilane Wrote:
(01-01-2017, 08:22 AM)vinodkumarn Wrote: How many coalitions of lions are there.. who are sons of Majis..
am I missing anything?

The list goes like this:

- Fourways male with the Orange eyes. He wasn't killed by the Birminghams, last time I read he's in the Kruger.

- 2 Styx males in the Kruger.

- 3 Sparta males, of which one was missing some time ago, one was killed recently and the remaining brother hasn't been seen.

- 3 Tsalala males, they're still with a breakaway part of the pride.

- 3 Mangheni males(of which one was maybe missing) + Talamati male.

Thanks @"Majingilane" .. I thought Mangheni are doing a good job and ready to become dominant males in some territory in near soon..
Love those boys.. also 4 is better than 3 (With Talamati male joining)
Sad to know that one of them seems to be missing

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 01-02-2017

I just saw this coment by Elephant Plains Rangers below the pic of Scar nose posted in #805, and I thought it was very interesting.

The Birmingham males moved futher east after the Majingi males came from the west to the east. That should say a lot.

https://web.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1752050618452306&id=100009421537656&comment_id=1756474968009871&ref=notif¬if_t=feed_comment_reply¬if_id=1483343470692771

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 01-02-2017

Credits to Nkorho Rangers.

31 December Afternoon Drive.

For our last drive in 2016 we ended it perfectly with elephant bulls fighting around the vehicle. After the elephant fight, we made a turn at the two Majingi males and like any lion with a full well fed belly, they were sleeping to deep not even knowing we were there.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Fredymrt - 01-03-2017

Photo by Marc eschenlohr photography
El cassico: Majingi

singita 2014

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - LionKiss - 01-03-2017

is this photoshop? or real?

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Fredymrt - 01-03-2017

(01-03-2017, 10:09 AM)LionKiss Wrote: #822

is this photoshop? or real?

The photo is real

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Georgel - 01-04-2017

Dark Mane Majingilane (I think, the site doesn't mention who's who), day after fighting with Kinky Tail.

pc Djuma

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Georgel - 01-04-2017

(01-02-2017, 07:51 PM)Majingilane Wrote: I just saw this comment by Elephant Plains Rangers below the pic of Scar nose posted in #805, and I thought it was very interesting.

The Birmingham males moved futher east after the Majingi males came from the west to the east. That should say a lot.

https://web.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=1752050618452306&id=100009421537656&comment_id=1756474968009871&ref=notif¬if_t=feed_comment_reply¬if_id=1483343470692771

Last night, on safariLIVE, a ranger said the BBoys are expanding their territory in the Kruger National Park mainly because of the Torchwood pride leaving 1-2 BBoys in Sabi Sand.
Today Karin van der Merwe in a post on Nkorho facebook page mentions that only 2 BBoys are around the lodge.

I other words, the EP rangers missed some important details.