WildFact
History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: History's most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions (/topic-history-s-most-brutal-killers-the-majingilane-male-lions)

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - LionKiss - 05-07-2016

@Skybed

who are they?

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - LionKiss - 05-07-2016

(05-07-2016, 12:33 AM)Majingilane Wrote: A friend over facebook passed me this old footage, from 2012, of the three Majingilane males attacking the lone Sand river male, an encounter I wrote about in page 4 of this thread, post #56.

i checked post #56 too, this young male from Sand river males lions, do they still exist?

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Skybed - 05-07-2016

@LionKiss

oh the first two pictures was the Majingilane that was mortally wounded by KT and Mr T back in 2008. He was left to die there. He did put up a good fight though by biting KT through the paw. I believe this injury plays a big part in KT's death later that night.

The third picture is one of the Majingilane which I am not able to identify.

And the last one is none other than Scarnose.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 05-07-2016

Quote:The third picture is one of the Majingilane which I am not able to identify.
Considering the very light green eyes, I think it's Hip Scar.

Quote: this young male from Sand river males lions, do they still exist?
They haven't been seen for a long time now, so I don't know. The last time this male was seen, he was in a bad condition.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 05-07-2016

Three of the Majingilane males in the river, credits to Idube Game Reserve.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 05-08-2016

Massive pic of Scar Nose, from 2012. I don't know who owns it, but thanks to Svetlin for passing it to me.
It was the same day and place they kicked the crap out of the Sand river male. 

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 05-08-2016

Hip Scar and Othawa girl. Credits to Idube Game Reserve.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - lioncrazy - 05-08-2016

It is hip scar the eyes give it away in post #436 are the 4 brothers together again

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 05-09-2016

Footage from a couple of months back I think, credits to Rob the Ranger.

But it's great. As you people have mentioned in the Tiger's threads, I think it was Apollo who said it, the video gives a better idea of the real size of the lions. And not just that, but the individual differences between them.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Skybed - 05-09-2016

#442 so impressive! The Majingilanes can be easily identified with this fine speciment around. Love it!

#436 thanks @Majingilane and @lioncrazy for identifying a young Hipscar. I don't know how you guys did it, but it's brillant!

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - LionKiss - 05-09-2016

(05-07-2016, 10:44 PM)Skybed Wrote: @LionKiss

oh the first two pictures was the Majingilane that was mortally wounded by KT and Mr T back in 2008. He was left to die there. He did put up a good fight though by biting KT through the paw. I believe this injury plays a big part in KT's death later that night.

I don't believe so, a fight 1 vs 4 can't be won by any single lion, no matter who it is.

It was 2010 not 2008.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - LionKiss - 05-09-2016

nice video @Majingilane,

at 08:00 Hip Scar does not look particularly good, all others look in good condition.
I wonder why did Hip Scar come to Londolozi a couple of weeks ago since his condition is not good for fighting, he is an easy target, one hit can cause him irreparable damage.

It is a little strange but the recent Londolozi report presented Hip Scar in impeccable condition and this video above show a different sate of him.
That's the reason some people are a little cautious about the reports of Londolozi.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - Tshokwane - 05-09-2016

Quote:It is a little strange but the recent Londolozi report presented Hip Scar in impeccable condition and this video above show a different sate of him.
The video is older, Rob the ranger always posts videos that are months old.
Quote:I wonder why did Hip Scar come to Londolozi a couple of weeks ago since his condition is not good for fighting, he is an easy target, one hit can cause him irreparable damage.
I disagree. First and foremost, he's a lion, so he won't be an easy target for anyone.

Do you know the reason why I disagree? Well, it's simple. If he was in such a bad condition, he wouldn't be able to hunt properly. Yet, there have been videos posted of him running along his brothers, hunting buffalos, giving the killing bite not one, but many times and always bouncing back from his "bad condition".

Also, if he was such an easy target for other lions, then why did he went on patrol with his brothers, stayed and roared in their rivals territory?..
Quote:That's the reason some people are a little cautious about the reports of Londolozi.
People see what they want to see. Most of the other reserves also write and talk about the lions that are dominant there and sometimes they especulate and guess, just as Londolozi does, yet no one says a thing.
It's a matter of preference, and it seems in this case people just don't like Londolozi because in turn Londolozi's rangers always talk openly about the Majingilane.

The boys sleeping, credits to Idube Game Reserve.

Hip Scar still with his girl, credits to Hugo Breed Wildtography.

RE: History most brutal killers, the Majingilane Male Lions - LionKiss - 05-10-2016

(05-09-2016, 11:25 PM)Majingilane Wrote:
Quote:It is a little strange but the recent Londolozi report presented Hip Scar in impeccable condition and this video above show a different sate of him.
The video is older, Rob the ranger always posts videos that are months old.

Not really months, recently he said that they are a few weeks older, he is catching up. But Hip Scar's Hip problem can't be fixed, he is like this for years. Rob confirms this in this video around 08:00. 

Quote:I wonder why did Hip Scar come to Londolozi a couple of weeks ago since his condition is not good for fighting, he is an easy target, one hit can cause him irreparable damage.
I disagree. First and foremost, he's a lion, so he won't be an easy target for anyone.

Of course, the opponents are Lions as well. 

Do you know the reason why I disagree? Well, it's simple. If he was in such a bad condition, he wouldn't be able to hunt properly. Yet, there have been videos posted of him running along his brothers, hunting buffalos, giving the killing bite not one, but many times and always bouncing back from his "bad condition".

Ok, if he was not able to give the Killing Bite while his brothers hold the buffalo down, he would be in a critical condition, for sure he is much better.

Also, if he was such an easy target for other lions, then why did he went on patrol with his brothers, stayed and roared in their rivals territory?..

The recent Majingilane trip eastwards is still a mystery, since the Matimbas were North in Simbambili a few days earlier. Matimbas trip is still unexplained too but it does not look like they fled to avoid the Majingilane. Probably it is a coincidence or the Matimbas provoked them from Elephant Plains and the majingilane run towards that direction. 
As of Hip Scar, obviously his brothers ask him to take part or they knew that there will be no fight and asked him to come for a walk in the park.

Quote:That's the reason some people are a little cautious about the reports of Londolozi.
People see what they want to see. Most of the other reserves also write and talk about the lions that are dominant there and sometimes they especulate and guess, just as Londolozi does, yet no one says a thing.
It's a matter of preference, and it seems in this case people just don't like Londolozi because in turn Londolozi's rangers always talk openly about the Majingilane.

The problem is that the Majingilane are not dominant in Londolozi anymore, they are in Singita and west, why Londolozi lodge is so fond of them. Personally I don't like it because they give the impression that they (londolozi) feel bad that the Majingilane left their estate.   

my answer is above with blue fonts.