WildFact
Nkuhuma Pride - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Nkuhuma Pride (/topic-nkuhuma-pride)

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Friarfan619 - 12-05-2023

The 2021 males the ones talamati males attacked?

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - KM600 - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 05:02 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote: The 2021 males the ones talamati males attacked?

Yh was lucky to escape too, if that wasn’t the two Talamati YMs first encounter with a young subadult during their nomadic stage they prolly would have killed him.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Friarfan619 - 12-05-2023

Crazy glad he got away. I ask because is it possible Any are dark mane sons?? The 2021 and older I mean

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Ttimemarti - 12-05-2023

(12-05-2023, 06:23 AM)Friarfan619 Wrote: Crazy glad he got away. I ask because is it possible Any are dark mane sons?? The 2021 and older I mean

No I don’t think darkmane mated with any of the Birmingham daughters in nkuhuma pride but maybe one or two of the older nkuhuma boys are one of his it’s funny because all of the talamati avoca offspring look like darkmane

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Tonpa - 12-05-2023

He mated with all three females in January 2021, two females gave birth in April 2021 and the third gave birth in May 2021

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Ttimemarti - 12-05-2023

Ooooh many have said he isn’t the father of any nkuhuma pride subadults thankfully we can finally put that to rest

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - criollo2mil - 12-08-2023

The Nkuhuma Breakaway boy looks insanely great

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - KM600 - 12-09-2023

(12-08-2023, 04:10 PM)criollo2mil Wrote: The Nkuhuma Breakaway boy looks insanely great

Hopefully by the time he’s fully grown Ridge Nose Nkuhuma main pride male is well established and has his own name cos I can see it causing confusion down the line. Was gonna say Ridge Nose Male Sr and Jr but I guess the bigger male isn’t yet old enough to be considered a ‘senior.’

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - KM600 - 12-10-2023

12 Nkuhuma Pride members on buffalo kill

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Tonpa - 12-11-2023

Chela

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Tonpa - 12-11-2023

Nkuhumas this afternoon. Chela, RN Daughter, Tattered Ears and AE Daughter in one sighting, and then a few KM away three 2021 subs together, one male, and two females, one with an injured eye.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Mapokser - 12-11-2023

1/4 NK male roaring.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - KM600 - 12-12-2023

(12-11-2023, 11:46 PM)Mapokser Wrote: 1/4 NK male roaring.

Was just about to post this, Chela’s son is so impressive when I’ve heard he’s not even 4 yet. Thing is all of the big coalitions are extremely close to each other, Kambula males were seen today roaring in Chitwa Chitwa, as were atleast 2 Nkuhuma males plus Mohawk and the Nharu males were seen roaring in Northern parts of Djuma last week. Add BDMs when they return back from MalaMala and it’s chaos.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Mapokser - 12-12-2023

Is this male roaring the youngest NK? I think at this point they're all over 4yo, oldest one is over 4,5.

But anyway I wouldn't be surprised if they turn to a more territorial behavior soon, they started roaring before the Kambulas despite being much younger. This lineage of theirs develop quicker, the Mayambulas who are also Matimba grandsons, became territorial at a younger age. And the Avoca lineage of their fathers also show territorial behavior early, as shown by the 2 S.Avocas... Add Mohawk to the mix who was already dominant for years and we may see this coalition make a move soon.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - KM600 - 12-12-2023

(12-12-2023, 01:36 AM)Mapokser Wrote: Is this male roaring the youngest NK? I think at this point they're all over 4yo, oldest one is over 4,5.

From what I’ve heard yh, he’s meant to be a few months off 4 although he could very well have just turned 4 and is already the biggest out of all Nkuhuma males despite being the youngest. Strange how both Nkuhuma males plus Mohawk and Kambula males were both around Nkorho and then happen to be in Chitwa Chitwa at the same time. They’re most likely aware of each other at this point. I was interested to see what these boys would do after finding out 4 big Kambula males were in the area and they don’t seem to care, behaviour will prolly change as the Kambula males get more aggressive but for right now they seem to have a certain level of confidence in themselves.