WildFact
Nkuhuma Pride - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Nkuhuma Pride (/topic-nkuhuma-pride)

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - BA0701 - 10-13-2023

(10-11-2023, 04:11 PM)KM600 Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 11:48 AM)Tonpa Wrote: This morning - Chela, her son, and purples eyes sons

*This image is copyright of its original author

Nkuhumas just having one big reunion with Chela now returning and I believe the old Talamati is still with them aswell.

I thought I read the old Talamati was back hanging with the Imbalis.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - criollo2mil - 10-13-2023

(10-08-2023, 02:38 PM)Tonpa Wrote: Chela this morning, I've not seen anything confirmed but word is she lost her cubs with the BDMS

Yeah,, ,the guides believe the cubs didn’t make it.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - criollo2mil - 10-13-2023

(10-13-2023, 07:59 PM)BA0701 Wrote:
(10-11-2023, 11:48 AM)Tonpa Wrote: This morning - Chela, her son, and purples eyes sons

Nkuhumas just having one big reunion with Chela now returning and I believe the old Talamati is still with them aswell.

Yes….yesterday seen sharing on a kill w a few young members.  She’s looking quite frail.   Every day she’s still w us is a treasure.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - BA0701 - 10-13-2023

(10-13-2023, 08:00 PM)criollo2mil Wrote:
(10-13-2023, 07:59 PM)BA0701 Wrote:

Yes….yesterday seen sharing on a kill w a few young members.  She’s looking quite frail.   Every day she’s still w us is a treasure.

Couldn't agree more.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - lionuk - 10-14-2023

Great to see Mohawk with Ridgenose's son
Vid credit: Deon Kelbrick

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Tonpa - 10-15-2023

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - NLAL11 - 10-15-2023

Saw one of the boys doing the flehmen grimace, they'll most likely be showing a little too much interest in the lionesses soon. And I really hope that wasn't one of Mohawk's daughter's he was trying to get on top of. Someone really needs to come and kick all these guys out, and soon.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Ttimemarti - 10-15-2023

Quick question what would happen if the talamati boys met the entire nkuhuma pride? Would Mohawks and his sons chase them or would the talamati boys do the chasing

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - BA0701 - 10-15-2023

(10-15-2023, 11:02 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Quick question what would happen if the talamati boys met the entire nkuhuma pride? Would Mohawks and his sons chase them or would the talamati boys do the chasing

We just don't know at this point, a lot of unanswered questions surrounding the Nkuhuma Young Males currently.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - KM600 - 10-15-2023

(10-15-2023, 11:02 PM)Ttimemarti Wrote: Quick question what would happen if the talamati boys met the entire nkuhuma pride? Would Mohawks and his sons chase them or would the talamati boys do the chasing
It’s impossible to know as we’ve only seen Mohawk and the Nkuhuma YMs interact with the younger Talamati YM not the older one. The younger Talamati spent quite some time with the Nkuhumas around May so it would really depend on his brother, I don’t think they’d give chase as Mohawk is obviously stronger than both of them and with the Nkuhuma YMs they’d be significantly outnumbered. They also haven’t really shown any drive to chase/oust males either apart from Nkuhuma male, who they briefly chased and then later lay down with him.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Tonpa - 10-17-2023

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Mwk85 - 10-18-2023

Deon Kelbrick posted in his reel a sighting of one of the younger Nkuhuma males showing interest in one of the lionesses that's said to be esturus and Mohawk was clearly not having any of it. I'd post it but I don't have the ability to download reels at the moment, sorry.

Edit: Footage of the of the sighting

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Friarfan619 - 10-18-2023

Lil bit of a limp???

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Mapokser - 10-18-2023

When the BDM first defeated him I thought Mohawk was doomed to become a nomad and eventually die, but a future where he becomes territorial again looks more likely by the day.

RE: Nkuhuma Pride - Ttimemarti - 10-18-2023

so the nkuhuma pride should have 4 adult females 
3 Birmingham daughters (pales eyes purple eyes daughter, tattered ear nkuhuma males sister, and the youngest girl ridge noses daughter)
1 matimba daughter (chela) 
2 avoca daughters 
4 avoca sons 
and I THINK 3 younger girls and 1 younger boy Avoca offspring 
and then the legendary Mohawk 
Am I missing some?