WildFact
Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Tiger (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-tiger)
+----- Thread: Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) (/topic-large-male-tigers-from-india-videos-only)

RE: Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) - Garfield - 12-29-2017

(12-18-2017, 09:51 PM)Rishi Wrote: T-2 of Kanha aka Karaighati male. Misidentified in the video...

He's really put on an impressive winter weight. Night temperature there should be as low as 5°C now.

Hey man what up, by winter weight you mean like fat storage or somethin?  That interesting cuz I was thinking the Siberians mainly did that, didn't know the Bengals did too. Not sure, this isn't a knock on the tiger but I thought the tiger had the higher fat storage in the body than lions.

RE: Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) - Roflcopters - 12-29-2017

PannaLal the huge male of Bandhavgarh.

RE: Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) - parvez - 01-15-2018

Unknown location,

RE: Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) - Pckts - 01-16-2018

Nilesh Patel‎ 
MATKASUR 
TADOBA 
16-01-2018

RE: Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) - Pckts - 01-16-2018

Parshuram Pandey Bandhavgarh
15/01/2018

Morning safari 

Bamera sun male tiger 
bandhavgarh

RE: Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) - phatio - 01-22-2018

Matkasur from Tadoba. compare him to vehicle when he raises his head and then sit down

RE: Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) - Pckts - 01-23-2018

Durgesh Daheriya
Small Documentary Made by me at Kanha Kisli National Park

He's a big beautiful Tiger, that's for sure.

Kamp Kamouflage Kanha Homestay

It was a HOT afternoon in Kanha. At the very start of the evening safari we came up to a bunch of vehicles parked near the Kisli Talao. A Sambar deer was on alert mode and sounded off a couple of alarm calls. The deer then settled down under a nearby tree to rest in the sapping afternoon heat. 

All eyes were trained to the area the deer had been watching when alert. The guys with the huge lens and others with binoculars and of course the guides with their SHARP eyes spotted the Tiger under some rocks in the bush. 

The waiting game began. The vehicles were jostling around for the best positions and a large gap was maintained for the Tiger to cross the road and head to the water hole whenever he was ready.

It was a loooong hottttt wait.

The CAT emerged !!!!

He watched the Sambar deer seated close by for a few seconds and then started off towards the Talao. Of course he did not take the "gap" provided !!! but headed toward our bunch of vehicles. 

Quickly a new gap was created and he walked through .... watch the part after the reshuffle of the jeeps for a perfect "Hero Entry" !!!

The Dhamangaon Male ...... what a champ he is.

I think he's one of the smaller males in Kanha, at least from the few videos I've seen of the guy, this one doesn't do him justice though since it's during the summer heat. @Rishi  and I had a small discussion on him a while back.

RE: Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) - Pckts - 01-29-2018

Sumit Mishra
T-2 from Kanha

RE: Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) - Roflcopters - 01-30-2018

@Pckts 

Isnt Dhamangaon male like 4 years old? he still has plenty of room to grow, after all. he's T2's son and Kariya Ghati is an enormous male himself. tfs!

RE: Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) - Pckts - 01-30-2018

(01-30-2018, 05:01 AM)Roflcopters Wrote: @Pckts 

Isnt Dhamangaon male like 4 years old? he still has plenty of room to grow, after all. he's T2's son and Kariya Ghati is an enormous male himself. tfs!

Yes, I don't think he's fully mature but I'm not positive, he just doesn't strike me as a large framed Tiger.

RE: Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) - Roflcopters - 01-31-2018

you could be right, here he is next to Budbudi last year.

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) - parvez - 02-07-2018

Manas tiger,

RE: Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) - parvez - 02-07-2018

Dholes trying to irrimate tiger near hoshingabad, madhya pradesh

RE: Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) - Roflcopters - 02-07-2018

this is an old video of P211 male tiger (originally a Panna tiger), basically the media just made up a bunch of bs story. this male tiger was in the area where the dholes had their pups hidden nearby and this was their attempt to somewhat stand up to the tiger in an effort to drive him off.

to read more about him.

https://m.timesofindia.com/city/bhopal/Missing-tiger-from-Panna-Tiger-Reserve-found-near-Uttar-Pradesh-border/articleshow/18437608.cms

RE: Large male tigers from India (Videos Only) - SuSpicious - 02-07-2018

(02-07-2018, 08:19 PM)Roflcopters Wrote: this is an old video of P211 male tiger, basically the media just made up a bunch of bs story. this male tiger was in the area where the dholes had their pups hidden nearby and this was their attempt to somewhat stand up to the tiger in an effort to drive him off.

This reminds of Machlis attack on Nickear when he first came on to the scene in ranthambore. Yes she was a huge, brave and ferocious queen but I think most of her rage came from the fact that she was defending her cubs. Parents when defending their kids are most dangerous whether be it humans, dhole or pretty much anyone else. Heard good stories of bear mothers doing the same to tigers over their young ones too.

Another story from early 2000s from Corbett which my dad narrated to me. A mother panther defended both herself and her cub infront of a big male tiger. She later on died due to her injuries but her male cub survived without a scratch. This she managed also injuring the male tiger to some extent. I saw her in the Corbett gate mueseum when I was a kid.