WildFact
Felids Interactions - Intraspecific Conflicts - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+---- Thread: Felids Interactions - Intraspecific Conflicts (/topic-felids-interactions-intraspecific-conflicts)

RE: Felids Interactions - Intraspecific Conflicts - Rage2277 - 10-29-2020

if those two were a mating pair this would've been more than what it was you know how bigcats get down for breeding rights that young male looked like a jaguaress next to that big boy the female looked like a cub in comparison

RE: Felids Interactions - Intraspecific Conflicts - Balam - 10-30-2020

(10-29-2020, 07:34 AM)Pckts Wrote: I was guessing a mother and sub adult cub and either an unknown male or father of the cub, most likely father since he seemed to issue more of a warning.

The Jaguar ID Project just confirmed that the large male is of course Edno, and the other two are siblings from a female named Susanna, there was no mating taking place here.

RE: Felids Interactions - Intraspecific Conflicts - Balam - 10-30-2020

Interaction, part two. Look at the size of Edno....

RE: Felids Interactions - Intraspecific Conflicts - Shadow - 10-30-2020

(10-30-2020, 06:56 AM)Balam Wrote:
(10-29-2020, 07:34 AM)Pckts Wrote: I was guessing a mother and sub adult cub and either an unknown male or father of the cub, most likely father since he seemed to issue more of a warning.

The Jaguar ID Project just confirmed that the large male is of course Edno, and the other two are siblings from a female named Susanna, there was no mating taking place here.

I looked closer photos of Edno and what kind of unique features he has in his fur pattern and I found two details, which seem to make his identification relatively easy if left side is visible. I attach two photos, first Ednos identification photo from left side. 

There is red circle showing four rosettes so, that there is X in between those. And right under those is a row of rosettes. Big one, then two smaller separate rosettes one on top of the other and then three rosettes again in a row. Like this:  - = - - - 

These patterns separately could be coincidence but when both of these two patters are there, I would say that no room for error. All shapes and positions, which can be seen are perfect match what comes to these two different patters, which are good characteristics. And of course their overall place on body and all around match too, which naturally is important to check.

In second photo same characteristics underlined.

RE: Felids Interactions - Intraspecific Conflicts - Rage2277 - 10-30-2020

edno's face is pretty recognizable for me but at a distance from the left profile i'm looking for the shoulder spots

RE: Felids Interactions - Intraspecific Conflicts - Dark Jaguar - 11-02-2020

Juru vs Geoff face Off.

RE: Felids Interactions - Intraspecific Conflicts - Pckts - 11-02-2020

Looks like the younger males are beginning to pressure Bheem. He may be on his way out.

Neeraj Singh

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Felids Interactions - Intraspecific Conflicts - Rage2277 - 11-02-2020

quite a few males in tala right now things are heating up chota bheem,D3,chakrandara,somanshu,banbehi male and some others ..bheem has probably sired the most cubs in recent times in bandhavgarh jobhi has sired quite a few too @Pckts

RE: Felids Interactions - Intraspecific Conflicts - Ashutosh - 11-03-2020

@Pckts, Bheem has been fighting off challengers for quite some time as Khitauli is a busy zone. The big scar on his nose came in 2018. His prime is definitely over, but, I see him holding onto that territory for some time still. Younger males still have to contend with his size (and maybe his sons can match his size, but, I don’t see other males getting as big).

RE: Felids Interactions - Intraspecific Conflicts - Pckts - 11-03-2020

(11-03-2020, 12:46 AM)Ashutosh Wrote: @Pckts, Bheem has been fighting off challengers for quite some time as Khitauli is a busy zone. The big scar on his nose came in 2018. His prime is definitely over, but, I see him holding onto that territory for some time still. Younger males still have to contend with his size (and maybe his sons can match his size, but, I don’t see other males getting as big).

I'm not talking about his scar on his nose, just the damage to his eye.

I'll try to find the recent video of him but you can see his atrophy starting to kick in, he's also developing that swollen elbow joint you see in old tigers like we saw in Ryakassi and Raja, most likely a form of arthritis but seems to be another sign of their age catching up with them.

RE: Felids Interactions - Intraspecific Conflicts - Rage2277 - 11-03-2020

that condition can also affect younger tigers too 4 year old tala from tadoba in recent photos has that tumor like lump on his elbow, seen mostly tigers with it rarely on lions and other bigcats @Pckts

(11-03-2020, 03:01 AM)Rage2277 Wrote: that condition can also affect younger tigers too 4 year old tala from tadoba in recent photos has that tumor like lump on his elbow, seen mostly tigers with it rarely on lions and other bigcats @Pckts

Strange, I've never seen it in younger cats.
I assume it's Tendinosis or something similar. I have it in my knuckles from boxing over the years, I assume it's the same for big cats and the abuse they take on their forelimbs.

RE: Felids Interactions - Intraspecific Conflicts - Rage2277 - 11-03-2020

(11-03-2020, 03:39 AM)Pckts Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 03:01 AM)Rage2277 Wrote: that condition can also affect younger tigers too 4 year old tala from tadoba in recent photos has that tumor like lump on his elbow, seen mostly tigers with it rarely on lions and other bigcats @Pckts

I assume it's Tendinosis or something similar. I have it in my knuckles from boxing over the years, I assume it's the same for big cats and the abuse they take on their forelimbs.

check out tala's elbow

(11-03-2020, 04:00 AM)Rage2277 Wrote:
(11-03-2020, 03:39 AM)Pckts Wrote:

check out tala's elbow
Hes only 4?
He seems older to me.

RE: Felids Interactions - Intraspecific Conflicts - Ashutosh - 11-03-2020

@Pckts, I mentioned the wound on the nose to show that he has been in gruelling battles for quite some time.

Tala and Rudra are both 4.5 years old.