WildFact
Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Terrestrial Wild Animals (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-terrestrial-wild-animals)
+---- Forum: Wild Cats (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wild-cats)
+----- Forum: Lion (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-lion)
+----- Thread: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara (/topic-other-male-lion-coalitions-from-masai-mara)

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 05-10-2024

(05-08-2024, 05:24 PM)T_Ferguson Wrote: Yeah... I wish they'd all come back and deal with these Serengeti intruders.  For the sake of themselves and every lion around them.

Oloimina is back with the pride. I assume,  but not certain  Oloshipa is back too so all 3 are with Rongai (I hope). 

3 Kazkas males have been intruding into Survey, Lookout, and Rongai area for a long time now. Probably how we lost Enkuroto and Olborani. They also beat up one of the young Salas brothers  last year.  They let Spearboy eat last year and didn't mess with him. But Black Rockers and Orkirikoi need to do a better job of marking and patrolling to dispel these 3 impressive males from Serenghetti.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Ponce - 05-13-2024

5 roca negra

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - KM600 - 05-17-2024

Well this isn’t great as Lorkulup is the one coalition member consistently spotted with Rongai Pride.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Ponce - 05-19-2024

Lorkulup, Olonkera y Rongai pride hunting a buffalo calf.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Lipstick2 - 05-22-2024

(05-17-2024, 01:11 PM)KM600 Wrote: Well this isn’t great as Lorkulup is the one coalition member consistently spotted with Rongai Pride.
Why? They're dominant males for both prides.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 05-22-2024

(05-17-2024, 01:11 PM)KM600 Wrote: Well this isn’t great as Lorkulup is the one coalition member consistently spotted with Rongai Pride.

All 3 (Oloshipa, Oloimina, Lorkulop) hanging with MYF pride. Since Olobor was murdered these 3 boys have become much more close especially Oloimina and Oloshipa. Oloimina has taken on Olobors roll with Oloshipa and now patrols with him constantly. Its amazing, these big cats know they lost Olobor and have stepped up to the plate. 

We see now, all 4 must have always been going between Rongai and MYF the whole time.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - KM600 - 05-22-2024

(05-22-2024, 08:23 AM)Lipstick2 Wrote:
Why? They're dominant males for both prides.

As much as I love seeing them together leaving Rongai Pride exposed isn’t great to hear. On top of that, the danger of the MYF area speaks for itself. I am glad they’re deciding to stay with both prides however.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - KM600 - 05-22-2024

(05-22-2024, 12:24 PM)BigLion39 Wrote:

All 3 (Oloshipa, Oloimina, Lorkulop) hanging with MYF pride. Since Olobor was murdered these 3 boys have become much more close especially Oloimina and Oloshipa. Oloimina has taken on Olobors roll with Oloshipa and now patrols with him constantly. Its amazing, these big cats know they lost Olobor and have stepped up to the plate. 

We see now, all 4 must have always been going between Rongai and MYF the whole time.

Does seem like with Olobor gone they aren’t going to be expanding territory any time too which in itself is good news. Seen a video yesterday of Oloimina checking up on one of the Rongai lionesses, as the subadults come closer to 2 years old, these same lionesses will come back into estrus which should keep the boys entertained. I know there’s around 5 subadult males in the pride so most likely a similar number of females, very likely there’s a breakaway that forms.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BigLion39 - 05-22-2024

(05-22-2024, 01:15 PM)KM600 Wrote: Does seem like with Olobor gone they aren’t going to be expanding territory any time too which in itself is good news. Seen a video yesterday of Oloimina checking up on one of the Rongai lionesses, as the subadults come closer to 2 years old, these same lionesses will come back into estrus which should keep the boys entertained. I know there’s around 5 subadult males in the pride so most likely a similar number of females, very likely there’s a breakaway that forms

Yes but they should likely be moving on soon as sooner or later their daughters will be of age and they won't want to mate with them hopefully. They might spend more time with MYF possibly. 

I agree, I hate those animals being in MYF. Dangerous, scum who don't care and will kill these animals even with the whole world as witnesses.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Mapokser - 05-22-2024

@BigLion39 but somehow the fans think it's a miracle that Oloimina and Lorkulup didn't kill Olobor's and Oloshipa's cubs, and in reality they didn't because that's also their pride and cubs, Olobor and Oloshipa just happened to spend more time with the other pride.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - KM600 - 05-24-2024

Looks like Lorkulup needs to up his game

Below video is Rongai lionesses chasing MYF lionesses out of their territory. Seems they followed the BRBs back to Rongai Pride territory and were lucky to get away unscathed

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - BA0701 - 05-25-2024

@Rabubi Excellent points you made about anger that resulted from the killing of Loonkito, all of them, my friend, truly thought provoking. I have a question on that front, in the Loonkito situation I get it, he went into a place where he shouldn't have gone, albeit likely out of starvation (life cannot be easy for a 19 year old male lion, by any means). But given that, this was as unfortunate of a situation as we could have, he is trying to survive, locates prey that he is able to subdue at his age, and the villagers are protecting their own livelihood against a creature who should not have been there. I also understand, from what you wrote, that they are trying to minimize the HWC, and incidents like this, in places like Eastern Africa.

But, what about what is happening in the Mara, with the cattle being brought into the reserves, being brought to where the lions are, and then when the lions begin killing what they see as easy prey, they are then killed by the people who released their cattle where they were not supposed to be. It would be one thing if those people were arrested for trespassing, or for killing a protected species, but that is not happening. While I hate what happened to Loonkito, I truly do, your comments help me to put things into perspective, and are very much appreciated. But the situation happening in the Mara is very different, quite literally the opposite, the lions there, both males and females, are being killed, literally, for just existing in the place they were born. It is much more difficult to not be outraged by what is taking place there.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Ponce - 05-25-2024

Chongo briefly confronts an elephant

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - KM600 - 05-27-2024

The owner of the video posted it 17 hours ago meaning there should be an update very soon.

RE: Other male lion coalitions from Masai Mara - Robot00 - 05-27-2024

Oh no! Remnant of jr's swollen face.
If something unfortunate happens to lorkulop it'll be a devastation