WildFact
Freak Specimens - Printable Version

+- WildFact (https://wildfact.com/forum)
+-- Forum: Information Section (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-information-section)
+--- Forum: Wildlife Pictures and Videos Gallery (https://wildfact.com/forum/forum-wildlife-pictures-and-videos-gallery)
+--- Thread: Freak Specimens (/topic-freak-specimens)

RE: Freak Specimens - peter - 06-24-2014

This is trainer A. Lopez and tiger Raja. The tiger has a large skull and exceptionally long and stout canines. 

*This image is copyright of its original author

RE: Freak Specimens - Pckts - 06-24-2014

A massive neck as well. TFS

RE: Freak Specimens - GrizzlyClaws - 06-24-2014

(06-24-2014, 09:31 PM)'peter' Wrote: This is trainer A. Lopez and tiger Raja. The tiger has a large skull and exceptionally long and stout canines. 

This makes me to think again about the 90mm canine being measured in the straight line.

BTW, is this an Amur tiger?

RE: Freak Specimens - Roflcopters - 06-24-2014

I remember reading an article about Harbin Park Tigers a few years back and it stated that there wasn't a single adult male in the facility that weighed less than 500 pounds. if only i could find that article now. 

RE: Freak Specimens - Apollo - 06-24-2014

(06-24-2014, 09:31 PM)'peter' Wrote: This is trainer A. Lopez and tiger Raja. The tiger has a large skull and exceptionally long and stout canines. 

Beautiful specimen.

Many huge and long fur tigers are labelled as Amurs, is it possible for bengals to have long furs like amurs in colder climate.

(06-24-2014, 10:52 PM)'Roflcopters' Wrote: I remember reading an article about Harbin Park Tigers a few years back and it stated that there wasn't a single adult male in the facility that weighed less than 500 pounds. if only i could find that article now. 

Quoting Tiger Lover

"Perrault, If 50 individuals are not enough to avoid inbreeding and maintain genetic diversity, then most of the Bengal tigers already suffer from inbreeding. Bengals bounced back from dozen individuals in many fragmented parks. But, it seems inbreeding doesn't seem to affect Bengal tigers much, at least for now. As for Global warming, Harbin breeding park is not far from Sikhote-Alin, yet according to Raphael Amur tigers average around 550 lb in this park, many are over 700,800lbs. So, I think most possible reason for Amur tiger size reduction from limited specimens, is pathetically low prey density. According to Dale Miquelle, Tiger's usual prey is being hunted to extinction, so the tigers resort to feeding on domestic livestocks."

BIG Boy

RE: Freak Specimens - Pckts - 06-25-2014

RE: Freak Specimens - peter - 06-25-2014

This wild male Amur tiger was caught in an Aldrich-snare, but freed himself when the researchers approached. Ask Goodrich. Although it is not easy to estimate the size of the tiger, T-16, as he was known, was a large animal:

Tiger Raja again:

A few that could qualify:

1 - Captive male Sumatran tiger Auckland Zoo. A few visits too often to MacDonalds, but quite robust:

2 - Wild male African lion:

3 - You talking to me?

4 - Yes, I am. 

RE: Freak Specimens - Apollo - 06-25-2014

RE: Freak Specimens - sanjay - 06-25-2014

I guess it is photoshoped

RE: Freak Specimens - Apollo - 06-25-2014